window motor replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Open up the door panel to inspect the rail guide- sound like something is off, causing bind, which shift the glass. It just 1 arm and 1 plastic roller pushing up/ down on the whole glass.

Plus there is a fairly detailed thread on motor/gear diy fix/replace as well as other toyota vehicle crossover part. One can go deep as in replace motor gear by splitting housing.........it deep is your thing.

Does it roll all the way to the top then roll down or just not roll all the way up at all?

Mine shifted like you said and the mounting bolts were loose.

Clean and then lube the tracks with some dry silicone spray. Mine was doing the same thing and now it works like new.

Your window run may be shot after 15 yrs. New window run will ensure your window run smoothly without adding additional load on your window motor which will eventually kill it. That could be one of the reason.

My window has been slow for a while. In the last few weeks I have noticed the window sound different when I close the door. Then the other day I rolled it up and it barely crawled and the glass shifted. I stopped it mid way up and rolled it up again and it went up with out a problem. I suspect the glass is loose, needs lube, and figured I would replace motor too. Thanks for you suggestions. Anyone used the motor off Ebay?

revoked: I did put a "watch" on that subject, but I am embarrassed to say that I don't know how to access other than the daily alerts. I"ll get back to you on that if nobody else jumps in with the link.

Update: a mounting screw had fallen out. However when i put it back in it binds more. Not sure what the window run is. I do think the motor is shot. Im going to buy the ebay one and will give it a try. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom