1991 Fj80 with 1uzfe swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Oh man that looks fantastic. Those first-gen 1UZs are Toyota's mega-mod V8. If my 3FE ever craps (ha, right) I'd do this in a heartbeat.

way quicker throttle response, less tippy feeling, it did level out the fj, after doing my lift it made the vehicle higher in the rear. The new engine brought the front up. Believe it or not, with the ls400 trans gearing, the stock fj80 center diff and axle diff gears, my Speedo is within 2mph. Gearing seems great. High range I can accelerate just fine, it's a noticeable difference from the fj80 stuff. Low range is spectacular. I have no complaints about it. Will be doing another test run and need to get a double cardan front to eliminate vibration and noise from shaft.

Bump for this thread.. Any updates on how the 1uz swap has been running @azfj80pinal

It has been fantastic. No problems at all. It's been going strong. It is enjoyable to drive around. The extra pep makes it feel like a completely different vehicle. I have still not purchased a double cardan, and am running the driveshafts that were cut and shortened/lengthened with no issues from u joints or bearings.

Thanks for the update! My LX is far from being tired but the 1uz swap is very appealing to me and might be the alternative to refreshing my motor. My LS400 has over 300k miles, still runs great and has a lot of power. Finding a used motor or parts car are plentiful not to meantion cheap.

Nice job! I did a 1uz swap in my old 1st gen 4runner. A lot of fun to drive. A lot more room in the engine bay to work with in the 80 haha.

Recommend double cards shaft, but have not installed one yet, some driveline vibration at higher speeds but not that bad. hwy mpg is averaging 10 to 12 mpg with the 33 swampers and on trail I think about 8mpg estimated. Performance wise I can spin all 4 tires which I was never able to do before. Much more torque and better performance off road. Before I would have to get a running start to go over boulders, now I can slowly crawl up them and not loose momentum. fantastic swap. I would have liked something with a bit more horsepower, maybe a supercharger or turbo added one day however I am very pleased with the results.

Recommend double cards shaft, but have not installed one yet, some driveline vibration at higher speeds but not that bad. hwy mpg is averaging 10 to 12 mpg with the 33 swampers and on trail I think about 8mpg estimated. Performance wise I can spin all 4 tires which I was never able to do before. Much more torque and better performance off road. Before I would have to get a running start to go over boulders, now I can slowly crawl up them and not loose momentum. fantastic swap. I would have liked something with a bit more horsepower, maybe a supercharger or turbo added one day however I am very pleased with the results.

I like everything ... what computer did you use for the 4x4?

I like everything ... what computer did you use for the 4x4?

The ecu and harness from the ls400. Engine and trans ran off Lexus and fj80 body harness still in place

Trying to pull this feat off, but have not confirmed anyone's actually done this successfully. Has anyone seen this done? All my searches end with giving up on the project, I am in the process of fitting the engine and would like to get input from someone who has done it.

Hi,

I'm writing from Hungary, I'm a car mechanic and I am in a project like this, Lexus LS400 engine build into Land cruiser 80. I would like to ask for your help, if you could provide me some information.
Can you please send me a private e-mail: reszka7819@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom