Any good complete exhaust system for hdj81? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you notice a difference? I notice that my stock is a bit smashed over the diff. How long did they take and around how much was the shipping? Do you have it straight?

From Sound point of view, sound really nice at start up but don’t hear it when driving due to 35 inch tires. But truck move and feel much lighter. Took about a week in transit, I made arrangement with TNT Economy Express to pick up the package from Beaudesert facility and deliver to my house in Toronto. I used Interparcel Australia to obtain shipping quotes. I paid $72 dollars extra to have the exit pipe going to side instead of straight. Shipping cost was around $300

From Sound point of view, sound really nice at start up but don’t hear it when driving due to 35 inch tires. But truck move and feel much lighter. Took about a week in transit, I made arrangement with TNT Economy Express to pick up the package from Beaudesert facility and deliver to my house in Toronto. I used Interparcel Australia to obtain shipping quotes. I paid $72 dollars extra to have the exit pipe going to side instead of straight. Shipping cost was around $300

Wow, that's a really nice system, but you are into it for almost $3,000 CAD by the time it's on your truck? Or am I mistaken on the original purchase price? I think I read somewhere that it's about 2k AUD.

It will hurt me to spend 2k!!! But it's really nice.

Has anyone heard of TOG from Australia? I found a complete exhaust, but don't know if it's worth it.

Wow, that's a really nice system, but you are into it for almost $3,000 CAD by the time it's on your truck? Or am I mistaken on the original purchase price? I think I read somewhere that it's about 2k AUD.

System with down pipe and side exist is below $1600 CAD. The local shops here that I went to, did not have capabilities of mandrel bending, and welding craftsmen.

Any good local shop can weld and put together 3 inch pipes into a good exhaust system. If you have this option around then you would save a good $$$.

System with down pipe and side exist is below $1600 CAD. The local shops here that I went to, did not have capabilities of mandrel bending, and welding craftsmen.

Any good local shop can weld and put together 3 inch pipes into a good exhaust system. If you have this option around then you would save a good $$$.

FWIW, I have just built a 3" exhaust on my cruiser using 4" an d 3" stainless tube and weld in mandrel bends.
I have used two large full flow mufflers, v-band flanges and a long braided flex joint.

By the time I add up all the materials, pipe, bends, mufflers, bits and pieces, welding gas and consumables, stainless bar for hangers etc, etc, I am into it more $$ than it would cost me to buy a Beaudesert system, and that's searching for cheap prices on stuff. And its taken me days under the car to fab it and weld it.
In materials costs alone, a small shop would possibly struggle to match the cost of an equivalent system.
BUT I have a system that I could not buy, I have it how i want it (mostly), and I enjoy the challenge of this sort of project. In $$$ terms, it would have been cheaper to buy a generic off the shelf system like Beaudesert which is pumped out with CNC machines. it would have been quicker too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom