Welding Basics Clinic Thursday, February 23rd @ 6pm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
406 Cruisers is proud to present a clinic that has been requested for quite some time now. A welding basics clinic. Sailor with Heliarc Design will be conducting the clinic and will focus on the basics of MIG welding. He will discuss choosing settings, how to achieve a strong weld with good penetration on a variety of material thicknesses, and basic techniques. The clinics will cover at home modifications and on trail repairs. The class will be two hours long, will be limited to 4 people, and will allow for ample welding time for each participant. Heliarc Design will be charging $30 per person, which will cover all materials used. Sailor only has two welding helmets, so we could really use two more, if anyone would like to loan them for the clinic.

If you'd like to attend this clinic, please post up below. The first four people to post up will get a spot. Consider this the registration page!

Great idea! I'm in for Thursday.

I'll jump in on the cancelation list for thursday if somebody can't make it. I've got a helmet if needed.

Thanks for your interest guys! I think it will be educational and fun.
A couple notes: please wear COTTON long sleeves and long pants, like jeans. (fleece and synthetics will melt)
Please wear leather boots or shoes. If you wear synthetic or fabric shoes (like sneakers), the welding sparks can burrow through to your feet. (Then you would have what I call a double-bad day, because there would be a hole in your shoe and a hole in your foot)
I'll probably have you sign a waiver just acknowledging that working with metal is dangerous etc.
I guess if I was to give any other suggestions it would be to be well fed and caffeinated before-hand, because welding takes a lot of concentration and it's hard to focus if your hungry.

If you have any question post them here and I'll answer them.
Ok, can't wait!

The Clinic will be held at the Heliarc.Design shop in Bozeman. I'll tell everyone the address at the next meeting or I suppose I could learn how to pm, ha ha

Just moved back to Bozeman. Looks like I'm a little late to this party. Will you be doing another Thursday night class? Would love to get in on one.

If the classes are full and there are still more people that want the class then yes, I'll do another one.

Just moved back to Bozeman. Looks like I'm a little late to this party. Will you be doing another Thursday night class? Would love to get in on one.
Welcome back to Bozeman! Keep in mind the clinics and events are for club members, so get signed up asap and I'll get you on the mailing list! All the membership info is at 406cruisers.com.

Guys, I was looking at my work schedule for the rest of the month and I'll be in Reno for both clinics. So I can give up my spot. I think their was a waiting list. I'll bring it up tonight at the meeting too.

Thanks for a great clinic guys!
i know it went kind of long but thank you for your enthusiasm!

Thanks for putting on the clinic!!! It was super helpful and could have kept going for a while longer if not so late.
Just the motivation needed to kickstart some projects! It's greatly appreciated.

Sailor,
Thanks for sharing your knowledge, a super helpful class!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom