Looking at a GX470.. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey All,
I am looking at a 2004 LX470. Clean carfax/1 owner. Right at 100k, asking 12k. Pros/cons? Anything to stay away from with the GXs? What's the average 100k maintenance cost?

Thanks in advance, I'm not used to post 90s Toyotas..

I hope you get some responses. I'm thinking of buying a 100 series, but the GX470 caught my interest and I know nothing about them.

12K might be a tad high. I paid 12.5K for my dealer serviced 2006 with 109K on it about a year ago.

Well if you live between worlds as your profile says then that is a good price. I actually payed quite a bit more for my 05' at $16K in Dec of 2015 but it only had 85K and every service at the dealer by one owner and purchased from the dealer.

Just make sure the Timing belt is done, should have been done at 90K and many prefer to stay away from ones with Navigation because the HVAC controls are integrated so no changing out to an aftermarket stereo. But maybe someday someone will pony up the money to give it a try switching in controls from a non nav GX?

That seems like a very good deal. I bought an 04 with 90k for 15k a month ago. It had perfect service history and just had the timing belt, water pump, power steering rack, brakes, and a bunch of stuff done. Check out the lexus owners portal. If you register you can type in the vin and it will tell you every visit it had to the dealership.

Just an update, it was a bait and switch. Super low miles but the outside was pretty rough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom