New 2006 LX in Virginia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you need help lemme know Luke. I'm going back inside mines soon as I find me some E30 projectors & to adjust my shield to put out more light.

Correction, I'm willing to help & share my knowledge I have on the 100 series LX to all my 100 series brothers and sisters.

This is a 3" RX350 projector... it doesn't seem like I'll need to cut to much but I'm sure the depth of the projector could change that based on Dirtdawg's experience.. I know the factory projector sits behind the shroud.

IMG_0744.JPG

Use it since u got access to it. Just use a clear lens. I had a set of RX projectors I was gonna use. I gave them to retrofitsource for tweaking my LS430 projectors

This is a 3" RX350 projector... it doesn't seem like I'll need to cut to much but I'm sure the depth of the projector could change that based on Dirtdawg's experience.. I know the factory projector sits behind the shroud.

View attachment 1403148
Now you see the dilemma I ran into, which is not getting the light through the stock hole. I found that I couldn't (at the time with limited time) fit the 3" projector behind the stock shroud and maintain a decent range of adjustability.

The 4.0 mini is really similar in size with the TSX projector (mini slightly smaller by couple mm), so it can definitely fit, but can it work?

Subbed

Took the LX in for new front pads and the tech called me and told me both CV boots were leaking... I knew right away I should have installed the diff drop. When I bought the upper control arms from Slee OFFROAD I also ordered the dip drop but with all the conversation on mud about you don't need it you need it you don't need it... I never installed it ...well I learn my lesson..
I walked to the shop open the back hatch and grab the diff drop.. my tech's are looking at me like I'm a dumb ass for not installing it a month ago.
Rolled up my sleeves put on some gloves half an hour later new diff drop installed ...feeling good

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

I'll most likely get laughed right off Mud for this one but I was on AliExpress and saw these custom fitted vinyl/rubber floor mats. Watched a video showing them being hosed off so I bought them... $108.00 . Surprisingly the fit is unbelievable they're pretty Blingy but I'm gonna run with them for a while ...definitely don't like the metal bling plate for the drivers side will probably glue some carpet on that but for now these will work as this is my daily driver.. I took 3 minutes to install ...I'll take better pictures in the daylight you can laugh at me if you want

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0770.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

Dang...those floor mats are awesome!!

I came to the conclusion that the 4.0 projector will not fit....forget about trimming the shroud. I couldn't even open up the factory projector plate large enough to fit the projector. So I started thinking about making a mounting plate.
I contacted and met a local 3D Cad designer today and gave him the left and right OEM projector plates and the Morimoto 4.0 projector to work with. The plan is to design a universal plate that excepts various size projectors and matches the factory adjustment mounting points which should really simplify the HID retrofit for the LX470
I know some of you will say why not just drop down to the smaller projector... I thought about that but even using the smaller projector which I may end up with because of the shroud ....you still have to trim the projector plate which is a total PITA.. I think I spent about 40 minutes just trimming this plate trying to get the projector to fit and a standard Dremel was quickly replaced with a Rotozip... not to mention hand holding a tiny projector trying to trim it with the Rotozip is not very smart
The plan is to make a test version out of Polycarbonate using a 3D printer ...reinforcing the attachment points and move up to aluminum if needed. This guy has a background in design and manufacturing and has (don't tell Trump) contacts in China that could start producing this tomorrow with the CAD file
Hopefully I'll have a CAD design in a few days for review. I also discussed a cup holder insert that's a approximately three inches high.
Stay tuned

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

Last edited:
Luke111, I sure wish you worked in the Service Dept. at Lindsay. I took my 2000 LX there to get my rear springs replaced, and then after the replacement, wanted them to give me a reading on neutral pressure on the height on the AHC system. I might as well asked them to fly me to Mars, they had no clue what I was talking about. Literally had to get on 'mud and print out a screen shot from Techstream where it shows neutral pressure for the AHC system. Had to sit there with a Service Manager while he pulled it up. Went home and cranked the torsion bars myself to the approximate correct pressure. For what a dealership charges, they should know how to use the suit of diagnostic tools Toyota gives them on an expensive vehicle, but I guess it is not on the list of "standard" charges the service department uses.

Luke111, I sure wish you worked in the Service Dept. at Lindsay. I took my 2000 LX there to get my rear springs replaced, and then after the replacement, wanted them to give me a reading on neutral pressure on the height on the AHC system. I might as well asked them to fly me to Mars, they had no clue what I was talking about. Literally had to get on 'mud and print out a screen shot from Techstream where it shows neutral pressure for the AHC system. Had to sit there with a Service Manager while he pulled it up. Went home and cranked the torsion bars myself to the approximate correct pressure. For what a dealership charges, they should know how to use the suit of diagnostic tools Toyota gives them on an expensive vehicle, but I guess it is not on the list of "standard" charges the service department uses.

Sorry to hear about that... I could see where they may not understand your request... replacing factory springs on the LX is pretty rare but at the very least they should have looked into it after your request.
Not sure if you use Lindsay for your oil service but your next oil service is on me.. and for the record my office is in service as I run a sales team out of the service dept.. my direct line is 703-647-1292 Lou Brown Call me and I'll set it up for you.
Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Lou

You should bring it to our meeting at Kilroy's in Springfield next Wednesday..:beer:

Bring what ...my truck or his free oil service ? I don't have a certificate to give... If he calls me I'll make the appointment with our quick lube team and cover the cost.

Replaced both hood and rear hatch door gas struts today and pickup up front Radflo shocks that a local Mudder was running on his 100...he wanted adjustable shocks. Got home and cleaned them up...I have no idea what to expect as far as ride quality but should know shortly.

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

Last edited:
HID Projector plate is in progress. I met with the 3D guy today. He needed a headlight assembly to orientate the plate inside of the headlight... we'd really like to stick to the poly carbonate it's something he can produce locally so we're just trying to figure out what areas of the plate we can make thicker structurally stronger so we can proceed with the polycarbonate.
Here's a very early teaser The production one will have the offset mounting tabs

IMG_0807.JPG

I ordered some E30 clear projector lenses today. Hopefully they here by the wknd so I can put my surgical gear on & get to operating next week. Will keep you guys posted. I'm removing the tsx-r clear lens. If anyone interested in them they can have them

I ordered some E30 clear projector lenses today. Hopefully they here by the wknd so I can put my surgical gear on & get to operating next week. Will keep you guys posted. I'm removing the tsx-r clear lens. If anyone interested in them they can have them
Why the switch? Every side by side I've seen the E30 is equally comparable to the TSX-R.

HID Projector plate is in progress. I met with the 3D guy today. He needed a headlight assembly to orientate the plate inside of the headlight... we'd really like to stick to the poly carbonate it's something he can produce locally so we're just trying to figure out what areas of the plate we can make thicker structurally stronger so we can proceed with the polycarbonate.
Here's a very early teaser The production one will have the offset mounting tabs

I'd be interested in a set

I'd be interested in a set

I should have a solid prototype shortly.... I'm also picking up a few 2.5 projectors so you'll have an option that requires zero cutting of the shroud...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom