Exhaust routing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

blossett

SILVER Star
Threads
I've got a V8 conversion and looking for advice/opinions on what direction to go on exhaust routing. Exit in front of rear tires, behind rear tires or out the back?

Down inside of left frame rail, above skid plate, and out/down behind left rear tire. You can tuck a muffler up under the rear bed. A flexible section somewhere near the middle is a good idea and keeps you from breaking hangers while wheeling.

Thanks spotcruiser, so reducing down to a single pipe instead of dual exhaust?

All of the way out the back dumping at the rear corner of the tub.

Thanks W2W. Can anyone share a pic of their under carriage to see where mufflers tuck etc? With just rams horn manifolds existing I have nothing to reference.

Thanks W2W. Can anyone share a pic of their under carriage to see where mufflers tuck etc? With just rams horn manifolds existing I have nothing to reference.
Staying inside the frame on the drivers side is going to be a piece of work because your pipe must clear the frame, the fire wall, the slave cylinder, and the shift fork- - -good luck.

some pics of my set up

P1030178.JPG

P1030175.JPG

P1030174.JPG

P1030172.JPG

Some of mine. No issue getting past shift fork or slave cylinder.

Exhaust1.jpg

Exhaust2.jpg

Last edited:
Great pics guys! Thanks!

Not sure Archie, but for the OP I ran up to my storage unit a snapped a few pictures. I used 1962ish Corvette ramhorns. No idea if my exhaust routing is good or bad. The guy I hired seemed sharp. I told him I wanted it as quiet as possible. It's a little louder than I had hoped, but sometimes I do smile when I hear it.

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2738.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2740.JPG

IMG_2741.JPG

Last edited:
I haven't ran it in over a month, engine was cold. I'm a youtoob rookie, but I'll try post a sound clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom