Builds after KOH LV build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A few more pieces to the puzzle
IMG_7649.JPG

I am sticking with floor shifters for both.
Cleaned up the blower housing with motor and the clutch master. Got them installed. Fixed the big hole in the trans cover and made two smaller ones in the proper spots.
IMG_7652.JPG
IMG_7654.JPG

Swapped in a new oem battery tray for the wagon. Complete with hold down (still need hardware). Also replaced the steering column bushing with a mint condition one I got out of the parts 55.
IMG_7651.JPG
IMG_7653.JPG

Been following every step in silence til now. I love the 40. What year was your FJ55? I'm looking to confirm if you can bolt an early steering wheel [1965 - 1972] to a later column with integrated high beam switch [1973 -1984].

That 55 was a 1973. It is long gone now. I did not pull that steering wheel or column. The steering wheel was wasted from the sun and I got lazy and did not remove the column. In hide sight, I should have kept the column and steering box.

Long story short, I can't answer your question.

Okay mate, no problem :cheers:

Finally got the original type pulls installed in the LV dash. This layout is alittle different then 40's and even 45 pickups. I could only find one old picture that matched this layout but I believe it is correct for LV's. The throttle control and headlight switch are swapped. The pull cannot go where the headlight switch is. The back part hits the wiper motor.
First is the old pix labeled 64LV dash I found on this board. Second picture is my dash.
64lvdash.JPG
IMG_7657.JPG

Cleaned up and swapped the 55 axles into the 40. They had working brakes and are have the easier to deal with brake line size. Plus they match the rig much better than the white early axles it had. I mean who paints axles white?
IMG_7662.JPG
IMG_7663.JPG
IMG_7664.JPG

Finished the exhaust by reusing the tubing from the 55. This 40 still has what I believe to be the original muffler and tailpipe. I just connected the header to that.
IMG_7666.JPG
IMG_7667.JPG

Since I am reusing most of the parts from that 55. I made an adapter to mount the master cylinder without having to mess up the firewall. Got the brake lines and clutch lines done too. Clutch seems to work now. Still need to replace a couple lines on the front axle before bleeding and testing the brakes.
IMG_7670.JPG
IMG_7671.JPG
IMG_7672.JPG

In less than a week I leave for King of the Hammers. I am helping pit for a friend racing the 4800 class in the EMC. I haven't been back to the Hammers since last time I raced KOH in 2011. Plan was to bring my buggie and haul some ass and have fun. Buggie decided to spit out the front pump seal on the trans. It's like a coffee machine under there. So........

In steps the trusty ole wagon. I will be bringing my LV out to the lakebed to do some cruising and pit stuff. The weather seems like it should be good, but I reinstalled my heater anyways.
IMG_7674.JPG

and yes, I am in the need for the correct heater switch and vent cable

We had a great time at KOH 2017. Unfortunately my friend I was helping pit for had locker issues and was unable to finish the EMC race. They were going pretty good up til this point. After they pulled into pit 2a and called it quits, we had a bbq and enjoyed some beers.
RustyNailJustin ended up getting a 3rd in his class. Which is pretty impressive in my book when running a full bodied Toyota pickup on 35's. Those guys are some tough mofos.
I also met up with Landcrusher909 and got to check out his cool ass 45 pickup. Super nice guy. Got a windshield frame and a horn relay from him too. Thanks Rob
All in all it was a good trip. Was fun to be at KOH and not race. Much more relaxing this way.
IMG_7701.JPG
IMG_7702.JPG
IMG_7691.JPG

Last edited:
Battery and cables are done. Radiator hoses all attached and radiator is full. Got the PCV and vacuum lines done too.
Fired it up on some starter fluid tonite and everything seemed good. Need to rebuild the carb, hook up the gas tank, and finish a few more things before a test drive. Should be soon though.
IMG_7720.JPG
IMG_7719.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom