Aluminum Bumpers/I bet a 4th Gen 4Runner rear bumper will fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I can't wait to see what Pelfreybilt comes up with.

I agree on steel. Their aluminum 4Runner bumper is $$$$.

17191405_10203016800416302_3502790947504609704_n.jpg
16832252_10202971338039771_1757513602008117711_n.jpg
I was the one who brought it to Pelfreybilt. They did front and rear scans of the truck, there's plans for front and Rear Plate bumpers and possibly a Tube Hybrid front bumper similar to the Tacoma Version. I'll keep you guys updated when there is more info, feel free to ask questions and I can relay them to Tyler.

Last edited:
I like the hybrid bumpers, that bumper looks great. So my question is how much and when and where do I send my money????

View attachment 1421409 View attachment 1421410 I was the one who brought it to Pelfreybilt. They did front and rear scans of the truck, there's plans for front Plate bumpers and possibly a Tube Hybrid front bumper similar to the Tacoma Version. I'll keep you guys updated when there is more info, feel free to ask questions and I can relay them to Tyler.

@RobertD
Are you local to SD? If so there is at least three others of us in SD that wheel our GX's. If three's a crowed then 4 must be a Club! Would love to meet up on the trails some time.

Oh and thanks for hitting up Pelfrey and I hope they do the hybrid bumper! I would make the 3mile commute to pick one up!

So those are renderings above correct?

I like the hybrid bumpers, that bumper looks great. So my question is how much and when and where do I send my money????

Well, if they keep the same pricing as their Tacoma Hybrid Bumper it's only around 800 for the raw unpainted bumper, might be a little more though due to lower production numbers, don't quote me on it, I don't work for them :)

Oh and I supplied a Titan Trekker 12 Gallon rear tire carrier fuel tank to make sure that will be able to be incorporated into the design. On the left side of the spare I'm going to bolt onto the carrier and all in one Aluminum boxed Kitchen/Triton Propane shower/propane space heater setup.

Looks great! I love that they're following the 2nd Gen Tacoma form. Do the 16" Baja rims really fit on a GX or is that photoshopped?

Photoshopped. I did the photoshop mockups and it was easiest to just take the whole front end of a tacoma with a Pelfrybilt bumper.

@RobertD
Are you local to SD? If so there is at least three others of us in SD that wheel our GX's. If three's a crowed then 4 must be a Club! Would love to meet up on the trails some time.

Oh and thanks for hitting up Pelfrey and I hope they do the hybrid bumper! I would make the 3mile commute to pick one up!

So those are renderings above correct?

Yeah I live in Escondido. Robert Dennis on Facebook if you want to add me and we can plan some wheeling trips. Right now I'm planning out a 3-4 day route across San Bernadino mountain range, then Idylwild and ending in Anza Borrego.

Photoshopped. I did the photoshop mockups and it was easiest to just take the whole front end of a tacoma with a Pelfrybilt bumper.
Great job on the photoshop. I hope the bumper turns out close to the pictures. My issue with the current offerings is that they stick out too far (I'm assuming to accommodate the winch). I know the Tacomas have a lot more dead space between the rad and the front end, but hopefully they'll find a way to make a less protruding bumper.

Yeah I live in Escondido. Robert Dennis on Facebook if you want to add me and we can plan some wheeling trips. Right now I'm planning out a 3-4 day route across San Bernadino mountain range, then Idylwild and ending in Anza Borrego.

No FB for me but I will PM you and maybe we can get an all GX run together soon.
I am heading out to Borrego this weekend braving the crowds to check out the wild flowers.

OK side bar done, back to some bad ass bumpers!

I am tagging this because I still need to replace a back bumper, but throwing in a front is also something I am interested in as well. I also have to say I am a bit jealous, I think it will be at least another year before we make the trip back out west. I lived in La Jolla before moving back east and can't wait to show the wife around. Now back to bumpers!!

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I have a pelfreybilt front bumper on my 4th gen 4runner and iirc someone was able to mount the bumper onto a gx470. Only thing that was missing is the filler plate underneath the headlights. Can anyone confirm? I would love to keep my bumper when I pick up a GX.

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I have a pelfreybilt front bumper on my 4th gen 4runner and iirc someone was able to mount the bumper onto a gx470. Only thing that was missing is the filler plate underneath the headlights. Can anyone confirm? I would love to keep my bumper when I pick up a GX.
Anyone else? I may try mounting my gx470 ironman on a 4th gen 4runner

Anyone else? I may try mounting my gx470 ironman on a 4th gen 4runner
They will all fit the frame but the body lines may be off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom