What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Purchased a set of used rock warrior wheels and took them to powder coat. Going with a very dark charcoal finish. Now I need to buy some black lugs for the wheels and figure out what tires I want.

Purchased a set of used rock warrior wheels and took them to powder coat. Going with a very dark charcoal finish. Now I need to buy some black lugs for the wheels and figure out what tires I want.
why not have the conical lugs that the RW wheels take powder coated also

Oil and filter changed. Replaced the filter housing and added a Fumoto valve. FJ40 knob will evenly replace the shifter knob once I get around to getting a thread adapter.

View attachment 1400109

View attachment 1400110

Maybe I missed it, and if so sorry, but what's the p/n for that oem Toyota metal housing? Is the center tube included or do you need to use the old/current one? I need to get around to doing this exact swap! Nice work and Thanks!

Hit 200k on the cruiser, now actually closer to 203k

20170119_184719.jpg

20170202_210244.jpg

Going to get it back to stock and sell her soon, the next few days will be the last I drive her round.... I've been lured over to the dark side

Nissan?

WOW man that thing looks cool - CONGRATS! check out that hood ornament

Whats the details on that rig?
Thanks man, 4.8L inline 6cyl, manual trans, cloth seats, and with factory rear difflock

You forgot to add "and soon to have a whopping great turbo to go out and climb massive sand dunes".....

Took the cruiser in for an oil change and tire rotation. They found a nail in the shoulder of my Trail Grapplers which was un-repairable. Threw on the full size spare and called America's Tire Company. Ended up buying the road hazard warranty and they are gonna give me a free tire. :)

Make sure you post up some pics when they are done. I picked up a used set earlier this week and I'm trying to figure out which color to go on a powder coat. The charcoal sounds nice.

Hit 200k on the cruiser, now actually closer to 203k

View attachment 1408062
View attachment 1408070

Going to get it back to stock and sell her soon, the next few days will be the last I drive her round.... I've been lured over to the dark side
Congrats on the new rig, looks cool! But damn man that is gonna suck, you will be missed on here! Pop in once in awhile and drop a couple Patrol pics on us etc!

Congrats on the new rig, looks cool! But damn man that is gonna suck, you will be missed on here! Pop in once in awhile and drop a couple Patrol pics on us etc!
I'll definitely stick around, maybe start a new thread for my "prado" :hillbilly:

Just got back from a 2,000 mile road trip to White Sands Missle Range outside of Alamogordo, New Mexico:

LC200WhiteSands_24FEB17_zpsawcsl86k.jpg

No offroading allowed, but it was fun to visit where my father was stationed immediately after World War II.

The 1st Gen BFG AT T/A KO's were smooth all the way there and back - very confident driving in the snow/sleet/freezing rain/icy roads outside of Albuquerque on the drive home. This trip convinced me to leave them on all year round which means I'm looking for something interesting to mount on the OEM 18" wheels to replace the factory Bridgestones.

This weekend I have cleaned the outside with Meguires 'Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere', and the windows with Auto Glym 'Car Glass Polish'. All I seem to do to it is clean it....
I feel like a bit of a fraud even posting in the 200 section, as it is never used for the purpose that it was designed for ( unless that purpose is for the fiancée to drive to work and drop the kids off at school???)
What a waste of twin turbo diesel power!!!
Although I do blow a few cobwebs out whenever I get the chance....

image.jpg

This weekend I have cleaned the outside with Meguires 'Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere', and the windows with Auto Glym 'Car Glass Polish'. All I seem to do to it is clean it....
I feel like a bit of a fraud even posting in the 200 section, as it is never used for the purpose that it was designed for ( unless that purpose is for the fiancée to drive to work and drop the kids off at school???)
What a waste of twin turbo diesel power!!!
Although I do blow a few cobwebs out whenever I get the chance....

View attachment 1409862

Driving to pick up kids we can forgive...but then you have to tell us deprived US folk it's the **twin turbo diesel** we all wish we could buy over here! You are evil!!! :hillbilly:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom