K02 Tire Pressure? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm sure this info is somewhere, couldn't find it tho. Just threw K02's on a 2016 LC. Have'em at 33ish. What do you guys recommend for town / highway duties?

I'm sure this info is somewhere, couldn't find it tho. Just threw K02's on a 2016 LC. Have'em at 33ish. What do you guys recommend for town / highway duties?

Please tell us the exact size tire you have (e.g. LT285/70R17) and I'll tell you the recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure.

HTH

Some folks here have said it should be run at 42. Mine are at 40 and they still feel relatively soft.

Some folks here have said it should be run at 42. Mine are at 40 and they still feel relatively soft.

Just out of curiosity, on what do you base your recommendation when we don't even know the tire size? :confused:

I've had mine on my 2016 for about 6 months and nearly 10K miles. Working great. 40 PSI per @gaijin book. But I have the 285/65 R18 E-rated. The size does matter.

Lt 285 60r18 118/115s

The "Book" says your Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for those tires is 46psi F/R.

HTH

I've had mine on my 2016 for about 6 months and nearly 10K miles. Working great. 40 PSI per @gaijin book. But I have the 285/65 R18 E-rated. The size does matter.

Maybe something was lost in translation, or I had a brain fart ... who knows? But the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for LT285/65R18 E-Rated tires on a LC200 is 42psi F/R.

Sorry if I am the cause of any confusion.

HTH

FYI, the absolute MINIMUM Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for your LT285/60R18 tires on ANY vehicle is 35psi - the 33psi you are running is dangerously LOW.

My recommendation - per above - is a Cold Tire Inflation Pressure of 46psi Front/Rear.

HTH

FYI, the absolute MINIMUM Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for your LT285/60R18 tires on ANY vehicle is 35psi - the 33psi you are running is dangerously LOW.

My recommendation - per above - is a Cold Tire Inflation Pressure of 46psi Front/Rear.

HTH

Gaijin, AKA "PSI :poof:"I wish you had your own column on the wheel and tire size database...where you could list the proper cold inflation values next to each tire listed by 200-ers there. Thinking it might save you oh...say roughly 5,738 answer-posts a year? :hillbilly:

Gaijin, AKA "PSI :poof:"I wish you had your own column on the wheel and tire size database...where you could list the proper cold inflation values next to each tire listed by 200-ers there. Thinking it might save you oh...say roughly 5,738 answer-posts a year? :hillbilly:

Come on, man - I've only posted 1,115 times since joining this forum in 2012 ... but I appreciate your thought.

Anyway, I still prefer the personal touch. It really is no burden to answer individual requests.

Come on, man - I've only posted 1,115 times since joining this forum in 2012 ... but I appreciate your thought.

Anyway, I still prefer the personal touch. It really is no burden to answer individual requests.

Ya... :hillbilly: That was just my silly way of appreciating your efforts. It's a niche expertise, and we need it!

:cheers:

Maybe something was lost in translation, or I had a brain fart ... who knows? But the Recommended Cold Tire Inflation Pressure for LT285/65R18 E-Rated tires on a LC200 is 42psi F/R.

Sorry if I am the cause of any confusion.

HTH

Argh! I would swear you landed on 40. But no worries. That is why I carry a ViAir compressor. :beer:

While we're on the topic of different sizes of KO2s: What are the real-world pros and cons of the various sizes now available for the stock 18 rims? Looks like there are a couple varieties of 275s and 285s each that fit, but what would be the strongest reason from varying from the stock 285/60R18? Increased diameter, or something else?

What's the recommended pressure for 275/70R18?

Do I get any hints, or are you going to make me guess? :D

Are these tires LT-Rated or P-Rated?

Putting them on a LC200?

That'll do for a start.

HTH

@gaijin , Since you noted you like the personal touch, I hope you don't mind another one! Michelin Defender LTX P275/65-18 on a 200. I've been treating these the same as the stock tires, but they are one size larger in aspect ratio and I'll be towing this spring with 450-500 lbs of tongue weight. Thanks.

I have ARB armor so I've got more weight. I keep mine at 48.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom