Aluminum Bumpers/I bet a 4th Gen 4Runner rear bumper will fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking at pictures of 4th Gen 4Runner rear aftermarket bumpers and I'm convinced that they will probably fit a GX470. It appears the height where the bumper and the rear quarter panel are a match.

Has anyone tried?

I live about 15 minutes from Pelfreybilt here in Northern San Diego county. I already emailed them to see if they would be interested in using my GX470 to design front and rear bumpers. The owner, Satin said that they are currently too busy right now but to check back with them in the Spring. I really like the look of their front bumpers for the Tacoma and 4Runners...check this one out..

8467d7_7def1ed3a4bb4ea3aa600a6a1a04ebae.jpg_srb_p_999_666_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srb

Thats' the best looking one I've seen out of all the similar designs. I love how they mount the light bar in that otherwise unused space. I also like that they offer Aluminum for a reasonable price.

I'm hoping they will be interested in creating this bumper for the GX470 as well as a rear bumper. Would anyone else be interested? I could show them this thread to get an idea of others interested.

Does anyone have a friend with a 4th gen 4Runner and aftermarket rear bumper that would let you try it on the GX470???

Also Demello Offroad said that they would do a one off for me or we could set up a group buy and make it a production bumper if we can get 10 people interested.

Last edited:
Wow... it seems that our thought process is the same when it comes to the GX. I also emailed Pelfreybilt and Demello a little more than a month ago about interest in front and rear bumpers. Both seem to be very busy at the moment with SEMA builds. I for one would be interested in purchasing front and rear bumpers.

Your thoughts about the 4th gen 4runner bumper have had me curious about fitment as well. It does look like a very close match if not an exact fit. I wish I knew someone with a 4th gen so I could confirm. Hopefully someone will have access to one and give us the information that we are looking for. If it is the same, that would give the GX owners a lot of choices.

You would have to cut a LOT of sheet metal to make that 4th gen bumper work.

Demello did a GX bumper a while back for a firefighter but I don't remember where I saw it.

Last edited:
You would have to cut a LOT of sheet metal to make that 4th gen bumper work.

How so? You know a hell of a lot more than I do about the 120 chassis but from the eyeball test it looks like a 4th gen bumper (even that one above) would line up to the GX body... Especially when I look at the rear fenders and how it sits on the tail gate. Just curious if this would work instead of going the custom route. Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!

How so? You know a hell of a lot more than I do about the 120 chassis but from the eyeball test it looks like a 4th gen bumper (even that one above) would line up to the GX body... Especially when I look at the rear fenders and how it sits on the tail gate. Just curious if this would work instead of going the custom route. Let me know your thoughts!

Cheers!
Although it looks like it would line up, the 4 runner rear is quite a bit different and you would have to cut sheet metal. I had the rear cover off of the GX alongside a 4runner of the same year, and for "fun" we tried to line up the 4runner cover on the GX, it does not fit.

4runner bumpers will not fit the body of the GX.

Same for the front.

I don't believe so but I believe there are now 3 companies building front and rear bumpers although pricing is only out on the Southern Style Offroad and Metal Tech bumpers. Hefty Fab is in the works last I heard and I am not counting the ARB since it is designed for a Prado and you have to cut fenders on a GX to get it to work.

You can order a hefty fab aluminum bumper front and rear now. Just call them

I would have interest in a Pelfreybilt front bumper. Their other bumpers look awesome and maybe right up my alley. If they build a bumper for the gx in the same way they have built the rest of their line up it should be a great option.

That would be pretty awesome. While aluminum is cool I would be just fine with a steel version. I like how all of their designs have the bumper more tucked in than the current offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom