Fzj80 oil drive gear (on crankshaft) orientation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ceylonfj40nut

Waiting for Barn Time
SILVER Star
Threads
I am in the process of replacing my headgasket and timing chain. Need to know which way to put the oil drive gear back on the crankshaft. One side is flush, the other side has a little lip that protrudes off the gear. Does flush side seat against engine or face radiator?

I'm looking at the `96 FSM and the flange goes toward the radiator and away from the engine.

I have the FSM but did not see it. It just shows the timing gear orientation only. By flange do you mean the lip that protrudes out?

Looking at the FSM there are only two "gears" shown to be installed. The PUMP DRIVE SHAFT GEAR, and the OIL PUMP DRIVE SHAFT GEAR. The pump drive shaft gear goes on the crankshaft, and the oil pump drive shaft gear goes in between the pump drive shaft gear and the power steering pump gear (already installed). The teeth on the pump drive shaft gear are running left to right when installed, and the teeth on the oil pump drive shaft gear is running right to left when installed. When all three gears are installed they will only go in one way (the teeth must mesh to drive the oil pump and power steering pump).

Looking at the FSM there are only two "gears" shown to be installed. The PUMP DRIVE SHAFT GEAR, and the OIL PUMP DRIVE SHAFT GEAR. The pump drive shaft gear goes on the crankshaft, and the oil pump drive shaft gear goes in between the pump drive shaft gear and the power steering pump gear (already installed). The teeth on the pump drive shaft gear are running left to right when installed, and the teeth on the oil pump drive shaft gear is running right to left when installed. When all three gears are installed they will only go in one way (the teeth must mesh to drive the oil pump and power steering pump).

Awesome. Makes sense. Thanks!!!

This is from my 1997. I am more visual....
IMG_5762.JPG
IMG_5763.JPG
IMG_5764.JPG

Comet and Wayne, really appreciate your responses. This gets me what I need. Thanks!!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom