Heater pipe delete or not? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Wondering if I should stick with this metal pipe/rubber hoses combo on the heater tap, or fit the single piece hose, (pipe delete)
I am a bit concerned that the 1 piece hose might be a weak point given the extreme bends in it, and also wondering if they look as neat as the pipes?

I just did delete this weekend on son's rig. That is an extreme bend, so I would leave the metal pipe.

the pipe for the bend is brass so I would leave it. maybe replace it due to age, I picked one up for around 20 or so since I replaced most of those hoses, the heater control valve and looped the rear heat out

For the rear heater delete the 90° hose that goes from B - C is a Gates 28467. Noted #2 hose is just a short piece of hose.
Thanks,....looks like the consensus is to keep it, just need to find some new 17mm hose for it.
LandcruiserPhil, I contacted Gates and they told me that they do not manufacture any 17mm hose at all, so I am wondering what size that one you mention actually is?

Thanks,....looks like the consensus is to keep it, just need to find some new 17mm hose for it.
LandcruiserPhil, I contacted Gates and they told me that they do not manufacture any 17mm hose at all, so I am wondering what size that one you mention actually is?

5/8" (15.875mm) is what most guys are using.

I just ordered the 3 of the last 4 available from Toyota in Western Australia, $5 each. Should see me out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom