cross posted on 80 forum: wrench-cation 2/18 thru 2/27/17 in Rocklin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Guys,

It's been forever since I've seen anyone here. Some people have left and it seems some new people have shown up. I'll be working on my rig instead of going on vacation next week. Feel free to stop by and check out the mess! I see some of you around...near the UC Davis dermatology office, the co-op downtown, etc. Sometimes it's a young lady driving these trucks...I always point out to my wife how girls can drive these things! She won't...usually. Anyway, if you have time, keep an eye on my post as I always can use input. We have some real amazing local talent...you know who you are. I plan on copying your ideas whenever I can!

I drink Belgian beer, but if ya'll are going to swing by, let me know if you need any of that hoppy crap or IPA stuff. Hopefully no sludge Guiness types here? Just kidding. Hope to see you around.

Man i have been super busy with my 3 vehicles lately, and my brothers 4runner over the last month or so. I wish I could come help or consult or anything. with the rain lately and I haven't had much time to get my stuff done. My 80 has been parked for 4 weeks now :(

Totally understand...I smell bad and talk too much.

That being said, I was wondering if any effort has been made to inform people in the area that there is even a club here? I think many don't even know. I just told @Phildoh who lives in Sac about the GCC and maybe there are others that aren't aware. I would be interested in having regular get togethers and not just the private ones I'm not invited to... Seriously, though, is that something anyone else would like? I only got to meet everyone that one time, plus several people have moved on to other vehicles. It does seem there are new people and perhaps a new meet n greet would be in order. Any interest?

I know everyone is busy and short on time, but as a middle aged soccer dad I'm here to tell you that you can't just always do for others and it is ok to take a little time for yourself to enjoy the things you like. It's all about quality of life.

I'm game for another meet up. Not sure where though or when.

Parking all the cruisers might be a issue as well in our neighborhoods

This Saturday? Call it a pre Mardis Gras party and I'll host. (Just wear beads). Rocklin. I'll provide one keg, couple liters of coke, sprite, root beer and orange soda and a case of burgers and hot dogs. I can't cook very well, but should be able to handle burgers and hot dogs. Can anyone bring anything? By the way, we're in the middle of a home renovation so don't mind the carpets and other torn up areas! I have a 9 year old boy and 11 year old girl, so bring your kiddos. I'll let the neighbors know you're coming, just don't block any driveways! @Phildoh @TYM4FUN @jcardona1 @93yotasr5 and anyone else!

Interested? Those answering that they will come over, please indicate your favorite beer as this will help determine the keg. I'm thinking Marzen (an Oktoberfest style) is a good-for-everyone compromise. What time sounds good? 3-9? Let me know.

(I'm not going to get a keg if only 3 people are coming...) By the way, the Marzen may not be available. We shall see! Hope to see everyone here!

Thanks for the invite, but we'll be in Socal this weekend. Hopefully next time!

Yah I'm gonna be gone this weekend as well. I'd love to get together soon though!