Winter wheelin' (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Its that time of year again! This year Ruby Thaw is in the planning phases and is coming quick so start getting your rigs ready.

When: Feb 17-20th 2017

Where: Nordegg Lodge (same place as last year)

What: Another Ruby Thaw. Day on ruby lake trail and a day on that other trail + some other exploring.

Who: Another OCC event this time with more chooch from the RMLCA

Why: A great time and fundraising for trail harndening projects in the Alberta trail systems. Rig mat purchase as an example for trail out in the Ghost region trail north west of Calgary.

So story would be the same as last year.

Friday Feb 17th:

· Travel to nordegg

· Check into hotel

Saturday Feb 18th:

· Breakfast at restaurant. An early one so we can hit ruby trail head earlier

· Drive to ruby lake trail.

· Aim for Ruby Falls for lunch

· Drive back to lodge

· Dinner in restaurant at lodge

Sunday Feb 19th:

· Breakfast at Restaurant

· Drive to that other trail

· Do that other trail Eric led us on...

· Find some other cool spots…

· Back to lodge

· Restaurant for supper and raffle

Monday Feb 20th:

· Drive home… on your own for breakfast

You need to bring:
winter gear
a great attitude
Trail snacks
your own social post trail beverages
a vehicle with solid tow points
a tow strap

Cost per person/bed will be 200 for the weekend and includes:
3 luxurious nights accommodation....(standards may vary)
All your food for Saturday and Sunday including trail side lunches.
A super wicked awesome swag bag

Please send expression of interest in the event and or registration requests to tylerarnott@hotmail.com. We'll need to collect fee's by February 10th in order to secure food and accommodations.

I might be up for a day/two before Feb 15. Sounds like it will be fun.

Im off from the 9th to the 14th... so, heading for Ruby unless anyone has a better idea. Camp Friday night the 10th at old helipad, depending who has to work and whatnot, or meet up in the morning and get going.

how was the snow out there?

Not bad at all in the riverbed, a few drifts here and there. We ended up taking a route in I'd never been on, it turned into quite the adventure. Main route should be a good time, happy wheeling!

Not bad at all in the riverbed, a few drifts here and there. We ended up taking a route in I'd never been on, it turned into quite the adventure. Main route should be a good time, happy wheeling!

you're not coming man?

Had we not spent all that time and fuel fighting to the top of the lookout I dont think the upper trail would have been so bad.

I'm at work up north for another 12 days yet so no I can't make it unfortunately. Yes time and fuel could have been better spent on the main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom