Roof Mount LED Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

My 32" Auxbeam X Series Light Bar was just delivered. I wanted to install this bad boy this weekend and was hoping i could get some info on how to run the wires down to my battery. This is going to be mounted onto a gobi rack with some adapters which will place it right above my fairing.

Whats the best way to route the wires?

Thanks,

Have similar questions about my 80 -- Haven't done it myself yet (still trying to figure out the best way) but there are some guys who have run down to their side mirror, then into the cabin, and into the hood through there. Thats probably the cleanest IMO if you don't have a snorkel, rather than having the thing awkwardly sticking outta your door frame.

Watching thread! Excited to see the feedback you get. All the best.

I have new light bars as well; a 52", a 24" and (4) 4-LED pods. I originally planned to rack mount the 52" on the front and 2 pods on each side, but I'm leaning more toward at least permanently mounting the 52" bar to the body over the windshield using rivet-nuts. If I do go that route, then drilling one more hole in the body for wiring won't matter that much, right?
I'm still putting it off, though, hoping to find another thread or see responses to this one from experienced and successful installers.

On my Tundra I had a 50" lightbar over the windshield and I ran the wires down the crack along the pillar and windshield all the way into the engine bay, then covered it with a thin layer of black silicon sealant to hide the wires and hold them in place. When I had KC's on my last 100 there was a spot in the firewall I ran the wires for the switch through to the battery, cannot recall exactly where but you could do the same.

Last edited:
Bump... There are a few people on here, I want to say @NLXTACY or @LS1FJ40 have run connectors if you will, that are screw on compression type that are waterproof. I can't for the life of me remember what they're called or where the thread is that these beauties are mentioned. I want to get my hands on some as I want to add exterior lighting to my 80 soon.

Bump... There are a few people on here, I want to say @NLXTACY or @LS1FJ40 have run connectors if you will, that are screw on compression type that are waterproof. I can't for the life of me remember what they're called or where the thread is that these beauties are mentioned. I want to get my hands on some as I want to add exterior lighting to my 80 soon.

Metric connectors are watertight connectors. Excellent Quality. Require a special crimper but worth it.

I was going to use Heyco plugs like @98 SNAKE EATER used on his rig to go through the roof. Haven't done it yet though. They make a great product.

Metric connectors are watertight connectors. Excellent Quality. Require a special crimper but worth it.

I was going to use Heyco plugs like @98 SNAKE EATER used on his rig to go through the roof. Haven't done it yet though. They make a great product.
Based on your terms and some other searching around, seems I've found the style I was talking about. Only issue comes into play is question of quality. Amazon.com: Arlington LPCG50-1 Low-Profile Strain Relief Cord Connector, 1/2 Inch: Home Improvement

I have new light bars as well; a 52", a 24" and (4) 4-LED pods. I originally planned to rack mount the 52" on the front and 2 pods on each side, but I'm leaning more toward at least permanently mounting the 52" cree led light bar to the body over the windshield using rivet-nuts. If I do go that route, then drilling one more hole in the body for wiring won't matter that much, right?
I'm still putting it off, though, hoping to find another thread or see responses to this one from experienced and successful installers.
How much did you purchase? How good so far? Did you get any guaranteed offer or support?

How much did you purchase? How good so far? Did you get any guaranteed offer or support?
I still haven't installed them, pending a decision on mounting the longest bar on the roof rack or on the body. I misstated the sizes in my earlier post; they're actually a 52" straight bar, 20" bottom mount bar, and four 4" pods and I bought them all for a $199.00/sale from Lightbar Supply.com. I'm doubtful they're the best or brightest on the market, but I hope they'll be adequate for my needs.

Mine is mounted like this. I will probably spay some plasti dip or something similar in the top of the crack to further hide the wire. Although you really don't notice it.

IMG_0138.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom