Marshal - "Five Star” In Making (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rear sill replacement is next on the line, found interesting reinforcement on both rear corners. Finishing looks more factory then PO repair / Mod. Sorry for the crapy cellphone pics due to low light.

DSC_2737.JPG

DSC_2739.JPG

DSC_2738.JPG

Looks like the rear corners had been patched previously.

That's what I thought initially, but rear corners are original except PO drilled holes both sides to mount double tire carriers. Also reinforcement finishing is top class and can't be achieved at usual panelbeaters or DIY. They look more pressed on from inside rather then welded. I will take more pictures when we will take body off.

Do you know what they came off of? Somewhere on Mud there was a write up about some Jeep(i think) rings that worked.

Seller didn't know where they came from and there is nothing I can find on them to figure it out. They do have OEM clamp style fitting on them. Here it is write up from Land Cruiser Junky - Good Source For Replacement FJ25 Chrome Light Rings. Jeep bezels do not have clamp type fitting.

Last edited:
If it's threaded. Perhaps pad the jaws of a big set of waterpump pliers with chunks of hardwood or thick enough rubber. I'd think heating it up first might help break the bond.

Edit* I zoomed in to that picture and I swear it looks tapered and fluted. I bet @pardion might know about that peg.

Last edited:
If it's threaded. Perhaps pad the jaws of a big set of waterpump pliers with chunks of hardwood or thick enough rubber. I'd think heating it up first might help break the bond.

I am not sure if it's threaded? I am trying to buy that piece however seller doesn't know how to remove it. Will pass it on your suggestions and hopefully it will work. Thanks.

Finally this baby showed up, after top class negotiations:clap:. (Thanks @andybudge for heads up). It was all jammed up not ready to move a bit, however after some CRC spray on internals overnight, it's now working as it should. Wondering how PO managed to bent the pot metal stalk without breaking it :eek:? Any ideas on how to get it straight without damaging it further. Also what to use as filler to fill some damage on the clamp?

DSC_0118.JPG
DSC_0119.JPG
DSC_0116.JPG
DSC_0117.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom