Overland Metric: JIS Bolt Kits & Hardware | Stainless & Carbon Steel (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i am thinking of the vertical bolts for any of the wagons to carry a bolt on hitch, but you could also look into the horizontal bolts to mount a pintle hitch on a 40 cross member or any other cruiser. i think the 80/100 vertical ones are m12 x 1.25. they are a pita to find in grade 8 in my experience and expensive.

Thank you for researching and offering these bolts. New correct hardware makes a huge difference in how restorations look.

When looking at the FJ-40 Full Kits, the list shows lots of hex heads, washers, and nuts but not anything for the windshield hinge and other specialty bolts. If additional a la carte sets are required (perhaps because of model year variations) perhaps you could help us pick needed items with another FAQ posting?

i am thinking of the vertical bolts for any of the wagons to carry a bolt on hitch, but you could also look into the horizontal bolts to mount a pintle hitch on a 40 cross member or any other cruiser. i think the 80/100 vertical ones are m12 x 1.25. they are a pita to find in grade 8 in my experience and expensive.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will definitely look into this and try to include them. I haven't done M12s because of the limited qtys they show up in on the trucks, but I can probably find another source for these.

When looking at the FJ-40 Full Kits, the list shows lots of hex heads, washers, and nuts but not anything for the windshield hinge and other specialty bolts. If additional a la carte sets are required (perhaps because of model year variations) perhaps you could help us pick needed items with another FAQ posting?

My thought process is the kit covers a lot of the hex hardware you'll find on a 40, and then each customer can individualize how much stainless they want to try in addition to the hex kit, including the various machine screws.

Hi, I was wondering if you'll be supplying a kit for the fj60/62's? I would be up to ordering a kit for the front end/engine compartment area all in stainless. I think that alone would be a desired kit for restoration. Thanks.

Gil

Hi, I was wondering if you'll be supplying a kit for the fj60/62's? I would be up to ordering a kit for the front end/engine compartment area all in stainless. I think that alone would be a desired kit for restoration. Thanks.

I would like to expand into offering kits for 60s, but currently do not have any. I plan to put some legwork in on this once I've dialed in the new store completely in a few months. But if there is anyone out there disassembling a 60, or you'd be interested in doing so and sharing the info, I would be happy to start there and put something together.

A kid waiting for his new toys, Have the index drawers all ready to put the beauties in so I can keep them in order and be able to order more when the time comes...

IMG_1366.JPG
I installed the SS screws for the fuel filler neck on my 45. Looks just like the original, only shiny! They could have been a little shorter but no one other than me will ever notice.

Thanks Dave!

I'd like to know how Overland is doing at filling orders and how you guys are liking the product.

Hey @Rigger, my fault I have been busy, but thought I replied to everyone. I haven't shipped anything quite yet, but orders are leaving this week.

Did you questions come to me through Mud or the website? I will look through them and follow up with you.

No problem.

Here's what I need: I need bolts for my 1969 FJ40 for the top (fasten top to the sides), sides (fasten sides to the tub), tranny hump (I think I have this figured out from your website), bib (that hold the bib in place), bib hinge, and all of the bolts that hold the seats to the floor. Maybe I should order a kit? Then add on for the tranny hump? Do you think that would get me covered?

Do you stock corresponding JIS drivers? i.e. The notorious #3 bit for the oil pump cover on the 80?

I ordered a JIS bit from Amazon, but dubious as to its quality especially if I put the bit in my impact driver to remove them...tackling in a few weeks.

Do you stock corresponding JIS drivers? i.e. The notorious #3 bit for the oil pump cover on the 80?

Hi, I do not currently stock any related tools. I've thought about adding some thread chasers to the site, I'll look into these possibly as well.

That'd be amazing. Cam out via substituting a Phillips #3 on those little buggers is a real thing for anyone with an 80.

I ended up purchasing torx head screws to put back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom