Builds Lexus LX450 Cummins 6bt/NV4500 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Astonished at the amount of corrosion there!

Reactions: SMG
Those wheel/tires on the truck? 'Cause I don't see the pics...! :hillbilly:

I hope those rims become a stock item. I could see a set on my 81 AND 74.

Those wheel/tires on the truck? 'Cause I don't see the pics...! :hillbilly:

I hope those rims become a stock item. I could see a set on my 81 AND 74.

Not yet, just finishing up getting the rear end all back together.

I think they will become a stocking item, there has been lots of intrest.

you shooting the rims as well?

paint!

Got the last few things buttoned up today.

Pulled her out for the photo and took it for a drive. I'm limited to one full rotation of the steering wheel right now till I move the front axle ahead 1". Hope to have that done this week.

First impressions are great. I used balencing beads to balance the tires and once I drove a few kms they where perfect. Smooth up to 120km/hr.

No noticeable loss of power with the larger tires, on the gas engine going from stock to 35" tires was very evident.

Love this engine and overall setup. I still start in 2nd from a stop but hwy rpm is now down to 1750-1800rpm at 100kms/hr.

I'll have to get pictures next weekend in daylight. Working all week and it will only be used after work.

I have got the rear bumper in the garage now ready to be hacked up and lightend. I habe to admit. I like the low profile look with out a bumper, wish there was a way to make somthing that resembles this look and all round clearance.

The first picture of them looked white, the last picture above the look more "champagne" I meant paint them to match to truck.
So are they white?

Yeah not going to paint to match the truck. Wanted to try out white like the wheels they are designed after came.

I like the look, dark wheels just don't do it for me any longer.

If later I want a change later I can easily get them redone.

Spent yesterday working on the rear bumper. I was able to cut 30ish lbs out of non structural areas. It may not seem like a lot but with this beast every pound counts.

I also removed the ABS servo unit and man best braking mod yet! Pedal is hard no more mush that would not come out no mater the bleed method. I still need to bleed one more time as it slightly pumps up but I can stop way faster with to 37's than I could with the ABS and 35's.

More room for activities as well!

Some daylight shots of new stance.

I also found I had bypasses but not removed the factory amp or useless dash speakers. So I pulled them as well.

I bought an ideal tire Groover to sipe and Grove the MTR'S so they have a chance in compact snow right now it's like slicks.

Getting caught up on your progress as I've been absent from mud the past week months...you have been busy. Do you have any pics of how you mounted the ABC live controller? I need to adjust my fueling as its hazing too much at idle...cleans up nice under load, but I don't want the idle haze.

Idle haze is easy to adjust out, there is a small screw and lock nut of the back of the AFC diaphragm it's called the "smoke screw" it adjusts pre boost smoke.

If yiu get an AFC live it's easy to mount I used the supplied Velcro to attach it inside the console. I have since upgraded consoles so need to come up with another mounting solution.

I just read through the ABC live instalation instructions and it's all seems pretty basic, but I would need to figure out something for the manifold boost 90...I am already using that port for my boost guage sensor. I suppose I suppose I could find a T adapter to make it work.

I just read through the ABC live instalation instructions and it's all seems pretty basic, but I would need to figure out something for the manifold boost 90...I am already using that port for my boost guage sensor. I suppose I suppose I could find a T adapter to make it work.

There are two ports on the manifold. One is plugged from the factory. Installation was a total of 45min including the max travel spring kit.

When I get home I am going to go find that 2nd port.. Looks like the hardest part will be sneaking the two air lines through the over crowded firewall grommet. surprisingly affordable too!

Finally got out with the new setup.

Had a freaking epic day snow wheeling with some good friends.

Airing down start of the road. Weather report called for up to 30cm of snow in the next 12 hours.....

From left to right HDJ80 5spd 1hd-ft, HJ61 Hightower, 1st gen Xterra, my LX450.

Just before lunch pre running the trail looking for a spot for lunch.

Lunch spot, storm hit and hit hard 4" snow fell in an hour.

Trying out my new Snowpeak fire pit, took me 4 years to collect all the parts.

Loving the stance of this thing, gearing is now much better. Engine is even more impressive now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom