2H keeps running after the is turned off. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 2H in a 1986 HJ 12 v. Turn the key off and it keeps running. Eric seams to be working what should I be looking for??

You should see the EDIC push the Fuel Control Lever fully forward when the ignition is turned off.. I will be suprised if its still running after this happens..

There is a keyway that locates the Fuel Control Lever on its shaft, if that has come out or the clamp is loosened it could be possible. I've never seen it happen though.

I work on the truck by myself my sister stopped. Y and had her turn key. It looked like the edic pushed the pump forward to start? I will check over the weekend. It makes sense now maybe not pushing or pulling to the off position. Thank you, I hope this is the fix

Just so its clear..

gVBYn7j.jpg

I have the same problem. It starts to choke out but takes forever to shut off. I always just let the clutch out while in gear. I'll see if the fuel control is the problem. Thanks for the photo!

First I would double ( and triple check ) EDIC motor movemt, if it's strong and appropriate then other stuff ..

I bought a used fuel control relay. (on passanger side, side kick panel) Fixed my truck that wouldn't turn off. Well it did for my 3b bj60, dont know about the 2H. Hope that helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom