Project: Lemonade Stand (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Phase one is now complete.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The heavy rope and the wooden crate in the second pic were both given to me by my old friend Marty Weatherwax that I wrote about in chat last month.

Moved some more, made some adjustments. More ciphering, more reckoning.
image.jpeg

Had an interesting home workshop idea. The bane of every workshop is having a great vice, but having to brace the s*** out of the workbench it's attached to when you've got something in the vice you've really got to torque on. Since I have an extra vice attached to a 2"trailer tube, and an extra piece of 2" trailer tubing, I'm gonna build a hitch that mounts to the underside of the workbench. With only 5' to the opposite wall of the container, I can fab a simple temporary drawbar to span the gap which will completely brace thw workbench without having to anchor it.:idea:

Had an interesting home workshop idea. The bane of every workshop is having a great vice, but having to brace the s*** out of the workbench it's attached to when you've got something in the vice you've really got to torque on. Since I have an extra vice attached to a 2"trailer tube, and an extra piece of 2" trailer tubing, I'm gonna build a hitch that mounts to the underside of the workbench. With only 5' to the opposite wall of the container, I can fab a simple temporary drawbar to span the gap which will completely brace thw workbench without having to anchor it.:idea:

Now, that's genius!!

Thanks Danny.

My wife says how you do anything is how you do everything. I look at every home improvement project like every landcruiser project, and like every land use project.They are artistic canvases on which to display not only competence, but imagination. Your build of 44 is another fine canvas, so I know you can relate to my metaphor.

You know, I just got done chatting with a musician friend of mine who lives out in the desert about childhood projects. I guess I could have prefaced this thread ( if one needs to go all the way back to the beginning) with the fact that my aunt and uncle gave me my first set of hand tools when I was 5. Soon thereafter I could be seen walking home from the nearest alley (two blocks) with pallets that were literally bigger than me to harvest wood and nails for my first projects. Who knew then that I would become an automotive recycler!

Thanks Danny.

My wife says how you do anything is how you do everything. I look at every home improvement project like every landcruiser project, and like every land use project.They are artistic canvases on which to display not only competence, but imagination. Your build of 44 is another fine canvas, so I know you can relate to my metaphor.

Thanks Mark! I can definitely relate. When you spend as much time cruising and sleeping with two 80 lb Golden Retrievers, as I ordinarily do, you have to have and use imagination.

You amaze me. What good stuff. Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed the stories about you and your father. I never was able to have that sort of relationship with my father, but have been able to with my mom. Keep up the good work.

Very real problem you mentioned here Mark. This was my solution. Recessed a 5/8" plate into the workbench top, 1.25" pipe, all welded hot and anchored to the slab. What's not visible is that the mounting plate also attaches to the 1" ply top. Blind tapped holes in the underside of the plate and sandwiched the workbench.

I had planned a kicker back to the wall. This thing was so stout, it ended up not being needed.

Plate overhangs the edge a bit. I followed up with some trim after these photos were taken. It's all flush now.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Life has been a game of rapidly changing priorities sinc August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom