Funky idea, Motorcycle control pod, to manage the lights on my LC100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Patineto

"Clueless" fourwheel rabbit
Threads
Website
patineto.smugmug.com
At first I was looking for a Helicopter "Joy stick" but the ergonomics are not so great (wrist is vertical and horizontal is far better in terms of the range of motion and control) and beside the cost a lot of money (I do need to admit a old Russian/french helicopter control will be really cool to have)..

Just doing more turn than a dog chasing his tail I end up purchasing a multinational Pod, something I had in front of me for many years...
2014-BMW-R1200RT-30-XL.jpg

I'm going to rig it to be mounted on the gear lever of the truck for easy reach, I think is going to work great, I test one of my old units (I have many, but they only have four functions, this one has 8...)

Another very cool things is that is a "Self standing unit" (not like this one) so I only need a 22mm bar to mounted to the gear lever, and I don't need to deal with the clutch of master cylinder.
%24%28KGrHqZHJFUE-k4iuuDPBPq9tmqwV%21--60_1-S.jpg

The part gets here in aboput 5 days and I will try it to install asap after that..
download-M.jpg

So what do you guys think...??

Last edited:
So what is the button on the left of the gear selector..? a lock out..??

since is electric, I assume i can reinstall it somewhere or at least mount it at the end of the motorcycle pod.

So what do you guys think...

Do I take the lock out button for the reverse and install it somewhere else or rewire it anf use one of the switches of the BMW to activated..

The first of two BMW units is arriving tomorrow, I'm really eager to install it but I don't want to make any mistakes, specially with the reverse button..

advice please, I'm a Electrical savant..

Okay I got the BMW and I already modified and I really do install it (Mount it, Not electric)

But I do need your help, Can I take out the reverse module and zip tie to the shiftier column for a few days until for the rewire...

Yes I know is stupid but I don't want a make a mistake in such a important piece..

The ergonomics are perfect, easy reach to all the functions with your thumb.
IMG_9088-X3.jpg

But that 'Punger' reverse lock out has me spinning my head, I just don't understand how it works (i know is a 90 degree mechanical linkage but not much else)
IMG_9091-X3.jpg

I guess a unit from a right hand drive will be optimal but I be is a pain to get them in the US...
$_1.JPG

Will a left hand drive accept the machining to make it into a right hand drive (move the lock out to the other side..

The lever looks simetrical to me but I have not measure anything..

And sorry for all the stupid questions..

Last edited:
Turns out my wife did not like the idea of 'destroying the new track 230.000 miles old0 so now I need to build a external mount for it, it will not look as nice , but I will not depend on a single part of this truck..

Pictures tomorrow

So far my first attempt of instalation feel so horrible I did even take pictures of it..

I locate the ''light pod'' as close as possible to the left side on the gear shifter but with sufficient space to use the reverse lock up button.

Far from integrated but for a first attempt is not so bad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom