FJ45LPB scratchbuild... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

amazing stuff. great idea and love the finish so far.

keep the frame with the rusty look.
yah, have me down for a model if you ever get round to producing a run.

sweeeet

:popcorn:

I just saw this for the first time. Awesome job, man.

I will be following along now.

Put me down for one of your models too, if you decide to make some.

......... Speechless... That is amazing. You have talent. How are you getting the dimensions for the body panels?

Wonderful!

I've always admired the level of skill and patience needed to model at your level, and my appreciation of your work was amped further when I noticed the scale jackstands holding up the truck.

No doubt a scale working gas motor is next on the agenda... ;)

Really cool stuff... I wish I had the skill, patience, time and attention span for this type of project..

Amazing work!

Looking good.

amazing stuff. great idea and love the finish so far.

keep the frame with the rusty look.
yah, have me down for a model if you ever get round to producing a run.

sweeeet

:popcorn:

I just saw this for the first time. Awesome job, man.

I will be following along now.

Put me down for one of your models too, if you decide to make some.

just read this thread amazing work! Your attention to reproducing each detail is astounding.

Thanks for all the compliments guys... really appreciate it.

......... Speechless... That is amazing. You have talent. How are you getting the dimensions for the body panels?

I'm using a few schematic images that I've scrounged up. I raster them into a CAD file and draw everything in 1:1 scale. I'm 3D modeling the whole rig to basically fit every piece prior to cutting and assembling.

Wonderful!

I've always admired the level of skill and patience needed to model at your level, and my appreciation of your work was amped further when I noticed the scale jackstands holding up the truck.

Yeah, those jackstands aren't made by me. But they do add the right touch. =)

Holy crap this thing is awesome! Keep it going!!!

wow. Really cool what you've done!

super job so far!!

Nice work been following along

Thanks again, the compliments fuel me.

It's about time, eh?

No doubt a scale working gas motor is next on the agenda... ;)

Really cool stuff... I wish I had the skill, patience, time and attention span for this type of project..

Man, I'd love to do a scale working gas motor... but this one will have an electric RC motor with a scratch built 2F to hide it.

Time is the biggest factor. I've been at this awhile. Still going... albeit very slowly. Update to follow.

A blurry photo of one-half a window hinge fastened to the tub...
212hinge.jpg

The springs are done and painted... the long screws are just holding the packs together for me right now.
213springs.jpg

A close-up of some of the spring details...
214springdetails.jpg

And the wood buck I'm carving to vacuform the hood.
215hoodbuck.jpg

I've built the vacuform box already. I just need to finish the buck and start pulling some molds for the hood. I could do the hood with styrene via a build-up and sand-to-shape method but I really want it to be a single piece hood. If/when I display it with the hood propped open I want the underside to look clean. Roof will be the same way... haven't even started that buck, though I have the wood blank.

In the last year I've:
  1. Welcomed our third kiddo into the family... a :princess:!
  2. Participated in a search committee for our church to find a new pastor... a challenging undertaking here in Abu Dhabi.
  3. Bought a 1:1 Fj40 and started dumping time and $$ into that.
This project isn't forgotten though.

How is this coming along? Any updates!?

How is this coming along? Any updates!?

I recently cleaned off my hobby desk and brought the wood buck back to the front of the project pile... that's gotta count for something. Things will move again this summer. It's too freakin' hot outside to do much else.

Joel

Okay... someone liked something in here and it spurred me on.

My wife and kids are heading stateside ahead of my 2.5 weeks starting March 8. I've resolved to get these wood bucks done and start pulling molds while they are gone. Should see some progress very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom