1998 Airbox vs 2000 Airbox (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
14054548_1041054302658234_8170778456550287399_o.jpg
I have a 1998 LC and the airbag has an extension to the box that is held by two bolts, it's located on the passenger side of the engine and covers the spark plug coils. I have no idea what purpose it serves... the flanges that the bolts run thru on mine are broke and it's secured tentatively, so it can vibrate a little. Seeing that the 2000 doesn't have the extended box wondering if I can switch out to the newer style without any side effects. The photo is a 2000 model from another member here. Thx S1

Last edited:
Guess it's called an Air Tube Resonator

• Toyota
  • Part Number:17875-50190

Last edited:
Photo of this extension you speak of would help.

There are several black boxes that come off of the air intake tube with vacuum hoses attached. These are resonator boxes and are supposed to quite down the intake. I believe that's what your referring to. I have a resonator box that goes over my coil packs as well, and I have a 2000, so not really sure why you think the '00 doesn't have one? The black box is under the engine cover.

Unless your talking about something else entirely. If that's the case, pics would help.

Ok, thanks DD... tabs have broken off mine and it occasionally vibrates because it's unsecured. Looks like deleting it would be impossible if it has vacuum lines attached. I've been running without the engine cover and spaced it when I saw the above pic, yes the resonator is underneath.

Probably could pick up the intake tube with resonators attached on eBay or a local yard. Or try to fix the tabs yourself.

My 2000 has it. So does my 04. Apparently the tundra ones are different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom