Mud Flaps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello this is my first post here. I just picked up a 88 land cruiser.. I would like to get some mud flaps. I read up some threads on them but couldn't get a definite answer as where would I would be able to get some. Are they still available from Toyota or?

OEM mudflaps are NLA if I remember correctly. If they were still available it is probably one of those things where they would be an exorbitant amount. I think most just do like the rally guys do and get the sheets of rubber and cut to fit. I had some long ago but they were rusting out my wheel wells so I got rid of them, plus they were just normal rectangular LAPS generic ones.

Welcome to Mud. If you post in the classified section under Parts wanted, you would be surprised that someone probably has a set for sale. Good luck.

I could have been reading a 10 year old thread and not realized it, but I thought @beno had, or could get a set of these? Somewhere around the price of a kidney If I recall though. Check with him to be sure... or maybe he'll chime in.

I'll second EasternYeti's suggestion. RoadSport model 6. Got mine at Oreilly's (their part #6416) and used the little brackets from the original flaps. They are a little bigger than stock and are working out great here during the wettest October on record. The Cruiser's still dirty, don't get me wrong. But it could be worse, and keeping it much drier than before.
flap1.jpg
flaps2.jpg

Thank you for the comments.

I wonder if I could find a coupon codes and order them through Oreilly's

I picked up one set from O'Reillys last week, didn't realize it was only a pair and not all 4. But for $32 you cant really complain. Havent gotten around to putting them on as I have been messing with other projects and haven't really touched the cruiser other than finding that my negative tab on the rear defroster was complete debunked so that was a major part of it not working. On top of that I found it has multiple breaks throughout the grid lines so debating on if I want to try and fix of see if I can find a used glass somewhere with a working grid.

I think you guys will be happy with those. My driver's front flap was missing when I bought it, so it was very apparent how much mud the remaining flaps were keeping off the body. And we all know how important rust prevention is with these cruisers.

Greg I think you just need to get that frost fighter kit and let us know how it works.
I need one too :crybaby: mine's fried. I wonder how much luck you'd have getting a working salvage one at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom