Removing plastic seat panel for gear swap? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpeg
i am trying to do the gamiviti gear repair on my drivers seat. Access to the screws on the Plastic panel on my 97 collectors edition is tucked behind the seat (see pic). The screws are inaccessible. Is there a trick to exposing the panel for access to the screws?

the leather should be able to be peeled up and that should give you access to the screws. At least, thats what I remember from when I did mine.

Hook the 12V power plug back to the seat (either from the truck or a 12VDC source) and raise the height adjustment of the front of the seat up to the highest level. This will give you access to the screws.

The foam seat cushion if I recall correctly unbolts from the adjustment assembly. They can be hidden based on where your seat stopped.

you can use something like this

mKeLMzrhVfvszklFQKT-nOw.jpg
h

should be available at Harbor Freight might want to see if they have magnetic heads.

Post #2 shows how to find the bolts to remove the seat bottom.

Seat Heater Installation

Hook the 12V power plug back to the seat (either from the truck or a 12VDC source) and raise the height adjustment of the front of the seat up to the highest level. This will give you access to the screws.

This, we attempt to remember to do it before removing the seat.

image.jpg
Quick trip to Sears did the trick.

It would still definitely be easier to raise the seat. Live and learn. Thanks all.

I sent Gamiviti a email when i did my seat gears telling them that they need to amend their instructions. That they needed to include a step, that you HAVE TO RAISE the front of your power seat, BEFORE you remove it from the car, so you can get at those screws. I guess they haven't added that information to their instruction sheet yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom