Wheels that work, part numbers (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, this is what I get for being a cheap-o. I saw a set of 5 for $300 that should have fit and bought them instead of spending $600 on a set that does fit. Real nice Clark.

Pro Comp Xtreme Rock Crawler Series 98
Part Number 9898-7983S3-5
9x17 3.5 BS
No rubbing caliper or tre, 83 FJ60. No spacers yeah.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pcw-98-7983s3-5/overview/

one thing I just discovered...if you have the front disk brake calipers off a 4runner, they must be a tad bit wider than the stock 60 caliper. So you either need a 1/4 inch spacer on the front with these wheels or some do some light grinding on the caliper for clearance. I have the same wheels just got to screwing around with them today on my 86 fj60... I put on the only 1/4 wheels spacers I could find in town. I'm running 17 inch 12.50 Toyo all terains. The above wheels only took 4 months to get to me. The front wheels just barely "kiss" the caliper when the lug nuts are tight....but they do and so you have to make some choices.

or apparently go back to stock type front caliper....

These worked. Barely enough space for d window and caliper, but no issues. PCW51-5183F 15x10 3.75 backspace

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice! Going to pull the trigger on those soon. They look great!

Does anyone recognize this setup? Wheel/Tire size and suspension type please? I'm very curious about it and can only find it as a Pinterest pin. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

FJ White.jpg

Does anyone recognize this setup? Wheel/Tire size and suspension type please? I'm very curious about it and can only find it as a Pinterest pin. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Not enough lift to clear those tires. Probably stock springs.

Looks like an 8-hole alloy wheel. I'd guess 15x8. Maybe these?

Tires, probably a 33x12.5

Anyone know if Tacoma steelies have the correct backspacing and any photos of these wheels on a truck?

Thanks!

Tacoma Steelies.jpg

Anyone know if Tacoma steelies have the correct backspacing and any photos of these wheels on a truck?

Thanks!

Those wheels do not fit without the use of a spacer.

just grind down the caliper, its no big deal

Well the attempt to go from stock to 285/75R16 has stalled out at the "fit testing the rims" stage.

The Vision 84 D Windows (16x8 w/ 4.0 BS) DO NOT work on the front as the caliper rubs the slightest amount. Unfortunately, I can't return them without eating a freight charge of about $100. I'm debating whether or not to try 0.25" spacers which in my mind are more like shims right??

Thanks!

You will need a 1.5" wheel spacer at a minimum. 2" to put them at "stock" width.

image.jpeg

Great, thanks for the input. It looks like it just has a leveling kit on it, but was wondering if would have clearance issues. I'm finally putting the plan together for my FJ62 and a look closer to factory height with plus a sized tire combo is appealing to me.

Not enough lift to clear those tires. Probably stock springs.

Looks like an 8-hole alloy wheel. I'd guess 15x8. Maybe these?

Tires, probably a 33x12.5
Great, thanks for the input. It looks like it just has a leveling kit on it, but was wondering if would have clearance issues. I'm finally putting the plan together for my FJ62 and a look closer to factory height with plus a sized tire combo is appealing to me.

Clearance for a 33x10.50 is minimal on stock suspension. I would opt for a 31x10.50 in your case. You'll add some height and no need for suspension change (unless your springs are on the bump stops, then you should address that first).

I agree with too many to mention here - you have to do your own research. There is alot of confusion with new generation offsets and design. Then there are oldtimers who don't use metric offsets, and basically all backspacing was standard for 4X4's. I've found the big problem with 15" wheels on any Landcruiser is clearing the caliper. Some fit, some don't. Easy rule: no B.S. greater than 4".Basically if I were to give advice, use 16" wheels or larger diameter and there will be no issues with tie rods or calipers. Now before someone jumps on me, backspacing is an issue, but it's not that complicated. I bought ProComp Series 98 in a 17"x9" with 4" B.S. but I didn't want to use flares, keeping dirt and mud inside the wheelwells. (wish now I'd gone to 10" but that would have had wheels sticking 1" more outside and then I'd have needed flares ) but too late for that. I got Toyo M/T Open Country 285/75R17 Tires. They are a perfect fit for the 9" rims. I also have no need for flares, I didn't have to grind calipers and no worries on the tie rods. The tires are fantastic and the ride is great. View attachment 588326

View attachment 588327

The Toyo's are E rated, they are heavy. But I have a diesel and big loads for hunting and hauling dogs. I couldn't be happier.
View attachment 588327View attachment 588326

This is good advice and I really like the way your 62 looks. Curious what lift you have on her.

I have the OME heavy on the rear and medium on the front. Old pic, new rear bumper cleaned up that exhaust.
FYI, I'm in on the group buy for the F-5 17X9 with 3.5" BS and they should be home by end of Nov-Dec. I will
post new pics and an update as I may be installing the flares after that. I'm getting a lot of road rash along the
front and rear rockers from the Toyo's and several thousand miles of gravel travel.

These are doing the trick for me. 16x6 with 235/85r16's. I actually picked them up for my '40 but since it's a ways from being roadworthy they are the '62 which came with bald 32x9.5 swampers on stock wheels.

Dexstar 16x6 steel wheels, PN 017-144-12. Fit with no mods and the best part ....all of $37.44 each.
15X6 655 White Spoke | 017-144-12 | Nuera Trailer Parts

I Got them from a local shop for about $40 a piece. So, $160 for wheels, and you can get a set of 4 BFG KO2's in 235/85 for $580 shipped from 4Wheel Drive Hardware. Can't beat that combo for $740. (I was going to buy a set the other week , it was $536 shipped last time I looked, but the prices went up! Dang! I bought the wife a set of Blizzaks for the 4Runner instead..)

Where's Waldo!?!?

Friend just bought a 62 with these wheels...anyone know what they are? Tires are 31x10.50R15. Sorry for the quality took pics at night. Thanks,

Kevin

IMG_8285.JPG

IMG_8286.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom