FJ40 Cross-Country Expedition: Will YOU join us??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Charlestong8tr, are you and ErikinSC still planning on a November 19 meet date in Saint Augustine? sggoat just sent me a PM and said that he would not be there in Saint Augustine until November 26th. I think sggoat is supposed to take it from St. Augustine to Alabama to meet with GaArchitect. I can make either one of those days and I am planning on taking partial trip with the baton holder. I can even hold onto the Baton if sggoat can't make it until the 26th.
@Booch sorry to hear about your springs, brother! Give me a shout on your way down if you run in to any issues. I'm not sure which route you're planning to take, but I can meet you anywhere in SC and ONSC has active 40 owners all over the state of North Carolina. @David1947 @JohnVee @GLTHFJ60 @Roxx @FJinTegaCay @forrest5000 @jfz80 @roadstr6

Yeah, I'm still in for cruising down on the 19th. @mel lowe had planned to meet us in St Augustine anyhow, so @sggoat can pick it up from him on his way up the peninsula. Actually, I think this makes it easier for goat because he can come straight up I-75 and meet Deo in Gainesville or Ocala (or whatever is easiest for them). I was thinking Erik and I could grab Moon in Beaufort and the rest of us could all meet up in Fernandina Beach for a cruise down to St Augustine. I can hand the baton off there to you? @ErikinSC @77wagon @chubot @Godzirra role call! We all still good to go for the 19th?

@Booch sorry to hear about your springs, brother! Give me a shout on your way down if you run in to any issues. I'm not sure which route you're planning to take, but I can meet you anywhere in SC and ONSC has active 40 owners all over the state of North Carolina. @David1947 @JohnVee @GLTHFJ60 @Roxx @FJinTegaCay @forrest5000 @jfz80 @roadstr6

Yeah, I'm still in for cruising down on the 19th. @mel lowe had planned to meet us in St Augustine anyhow, so @sggoat can pick it up from him on his way up the peninsula. Actually, I think this makes it easier for goat because he can come straight up I-75 and meet Deo in Gainesville or Ocala (or whatever is easiest for them). I was thinking Erik and I could grab Moon in Beaufort and the rest of us could all meet up in Fernandina Beach for a cruise down to St Augustine. I can hand the baton off there to you? @ErikinSC @77wagon @chubot @Godzirra role call! We all still good to go for the 19th?

That works for me. Glad to be running a leg!

I'm set to join in. I can meet anywhere between Darien, Ga. and Fernandina Beach and convoy down to St. Augustine.

Sweet, that sounds good. I like Fernandina beach and it's a nice cruise down A1A and we'd have to determine the route once we got to the 295 Beltway. I don't think the Mayport ferry is still in use, otherwise we could take that across the river and continue down A1A through Jax Beach and Ponte Vedra to St. Aug.

Sweet, that sounds good. I like Fernandina beach and it's a nice cruise down A1A and we'd have to determine the route once we got to the 295 Beltway. I don't think the Mayport ferry is still in use, otherwise we could take that across the river and continue down A1A through Jax Beach and Ponte Vedra to St. Aug.
Oh man! I was hoping to use the Mayport Ferry, that's a bummer... Well, guess we're hitting the Dames point.

Sorry been crazy busy with work traveling again today , I may have an issue getting the baton on Sunday I broke a valve spring on my return trip of camping this past weekend . Ive ordered a complete set which I will be swapping out sat please keep fingers crossed
I have a used set of springs,keepers,shims if your supplier doesn't come thru in time

I can't make St. Aug on the 19th. Just got comm from GA Arc and Tenn80 that they will not be able to make the 26-27th either - more like Dec 4.
Can Mel/Chubot/Erikan/77wagon/Godzirra or others hold til we get there?

I can't make St. Aug on the 19th. Just got comm from GA Arc and Tenn80 that they will not be able to make the 26-27th either - more like Dec 4.
Can Mel/Chubot/Erikan/77wagon/Godzirra or others hold til we get there?

I can hold in Brunswick, Ga. if need be. I will meet up somewhere on 17 and take the convoy down to St. Augustine and return back to Brunswick. Whatever makes it easier for you on your way up through Georgia. It's possible I could meet you somewhere in South Georgia depending on the date and time you are heading through on your way North. But I think @mel lowe was planning to hold and meet up with you on your way North. Whatever I can do to help I will try and do.

I have a used set of springs,keepers,shims if your supplier doesn't come thru in time

Thanks for the offer items will be here Wed (love Amazon) however I'm due in Augusta Ga for meetings Thur and Friday and wont be back till middle of night sat morning .

My only possible other weekend is Nov 26th....And I am not sure how possible my :princess: will allow.

Every weekend (Saturday) after that is booked for me until late March - kids + basketball & coaching.

Good deal; hopefully @graham5david will see this and let us know what he thinks.

We did seven years in Midland, from 1981-'88. We didn't mind it at the time, kind of liked it - but I wouldn't move back!

Me in 1981:

You look a LOT younger than you sound, Lee ;)

I had a great-uncle who was a drilling super for Texico for years... He lived in Midland and I spent several years there, over several weekends. :rolleyes:

He was known for bringing in the DEEP (25-30k') wells, all over the Permian Basin.

I miss him... But, not Midland/Odessa... Nothing personal... Much nicer than Artesia!!

You look a LOT younger than you sound, Lee ;)

I had a great-uncle who was a drilling super for Texico for years... He lived in Midland and I spent several years there, over several weekends. :rolleyes:

He was known for bringing in the DEEP (25-30k') wells, all over the Permian Basin.

I miss him... But, not Midland/Odessa... Nothing personal... Much nicer than Artesia!!

Amen on Artesia. I spent quite a bit of time visiting college friends in Artesia back in the '70s, including cutting/hauling hay, feeding cows at the dairy, etc.

You can't see the Texaco logo on the hard hat I'm wearing - I worked for them for five years in downtown New Orleans, before moving to Las Vegas with a government contractor. Many of my coworkers were based in our Morgan City, Louisiana field office. I'd say Morgan City is neck-and-neck with Artesia as a desireable (not) place to live.

Amen on Artesia. I spent quite a bit of time visiting college friends in Artesia back in the '70s, including cutting/hauling hay, feeding cows at the dairy, etc.

You can't see the Texaco logo on the hard hat I'm wearing - I worked for them for five years in downtown New Orleans, before moving to Las Vegas with a government contractor. Many of my coworkers were based in our Morgan City, Louisiana field office. I'd say Morgan City is neck-and-neck with Artesia as a desireable (not) place to live.

Artesia... "The Sweet Smell of Success" :rolleyes:

@sggoat, I'm really sorry brother, but looks like it's the 19th for me as well... Ironically, my wife and I will be in St Augustine visiting my in-laws for Thanksgiving:bang:. While she is willing to put up with riding in the FJ40 for short distances, a 6 hour trip with 3 dogs will result in a firesale trade at a Jax Toyota dealer and driving away in the luxury of a Prius. Beyond that is questionable because the hurricane threw off my teaching schedule a bit.

@chubot Erik and I both have CB's and HAM radios.

Last edited:
Id be down for a GA stretch, Im out of Athens. My cruiser should be back on the road next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom