Outback roof console install - headliner question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm one of the unicorn trucks with no sunroof and I'm trying to install an outback overhead console in my 91. I want to mount my CB to it. I am trying to figure out how to run the coax from the engine bay to the center of the headliner. The only threads I can find about lowering the headliner in the 91-94 say that you just shouldn't do it and it's too hard.

Is it really going to be impossible for me to run this coax to my console?

Lowering the front portion of the headliner enough to run the cable is not that difficult.

Lowering the front portion of the headliner enough to run the cable is not that difficult.
Can you tell me how to do it? I can't find any information on how exactly to do it and I don't want to mess anything up by trying and doing it wrong.

If it is like mine (91 no sunroof) It is a loose cloth type headliner my understanding from what I have been able to find out is that you have to remove the windshield to get at the headliner I want to put an overhead maplight there as well and I have been trying to figure out if the wiring exists similar to those that have the sunroof but my vehicle is European Market so I don't want to dive into it just to find out the wiring isn't there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom