Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_2131.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2264.JPG

How do you like the foxwing awning? What brand is it?

The awning is an AluCab Shadow made in South Africa. I chose this one because it is completely self supporting as I didn't want the hassle of poles or ropes. There is one telescopic leg and two guy ropes that you can use if required but I have never needed either even in heavy rain and wind. It does however need to be very securely attached as it generates quite a bit of force when windy. It is simple, robust and very quick to set-up. I would rate it as one of the best bits of kit I've bought.

For the first time in my many years of LC ownership 2017 will be the first year I travel at length in my latest cruiser. 4BT QSB, 4L80E, part time 4x4 and a few treats that let me keep the entire interior free for sleeping. I will be building a simple sleeping platform with underbed storage. Super excited to be part of this community and to celebrate all that a LC can do to enhance ones life. This rig is more than I deserve and certainly more than I have needed in the past but it will be fun.

thumbnail_IMG_2478.jpg

Biltmore.JPG

FJ80.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_2478.jpg

Got a new expedition build going, 1998 100 series.

Mate, that's just a great touring truck. I really like the swing-away flat pack stove bench and the canopy/roll cage setup. I see your guard dog is doing its thing: "you toucha my truck, and ..." you know the rest, Haha.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom