Let's See Your Toyota Expedition Build... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah it is reflective and gets quite hot. It looks nice.

I really would like to know how long a foreign car can be in the US. Would be great to bring our van there, and go for some travelling in the US, coming back every year to do some driving in the holidays.

Gents, i'am new in this forum and thought I could introduce myself....Iam a 45 year young german,living i the south of germany and like to travel and also like to modify my 3 landcruisers. I own 2 HDJ 80 ,one 92',one 94' and a VDJ 78 imported from Australia.
Attached a couple pics from building a camper box onto my 94' 80. Hope you enjoy it....

BurkhardView attachment 1196210

View attachment 1196211

View attachment 1196212

View attachment 1196213

I am just north of Regensburg. Good to see someone from near Munich posting here.

We'd love to see you post some of these details over in the Series 80 section of this forum.

80-Series Tech

IMG_20160416_191657522.jpg
IMG_20160410_171827089.jpg
IMG_20160402_200120.jpg
IMG_20160520_191750361.jpg

I guess I could share some pics of our old BJ45 (FJ45 diesel for you US guys :p ) expedition build. Not so complicated, but effective.

This was summer 2011 up to 2012, when we drove it (from our house) to India / Nepal and back.

route.png

BJ45 (3.4 litre 3B diesel engine) with Maggiolina rooftent. Compressor fridge, solar panels etc.
Second tank, total 200 liters of diesel capacity.

Home:

DSC_0207.JPG

Eastern Turkey (near Georgia)

northeastturkey.JPG

Iran: (salt lake Namak)

lake-namak-iran.JPG

Pakistan (Karokoram mountains in December, lake Saiful Muluk)

pakistan-kkh-lakesaifulmulut.JPG

India (Goa) parked at the beach for a month

mini-DSC_0072.JPG

India (Ladakh & Kashmir, Himalaya) with roads over 18,000 feet high! (5600 meter altitude, worlds highest motorable passes) And the BJ45 did it without a problem (just a lot of smoke, and only 50% of the power left hehe)

Made it to the cover of the Toyota Trails magazine :) (they also published an article from us about Pakistan)

Toyota%2Btrails.jpg

Another picture of Ladakh, India:

DSC_9409edit.jpg

Some pics from my never ending build (3 years into it and I keep changing my mind on certain mods). Maybe it will be done this year. I may remove the roof rack and add a hard shell RTT on top or go with an OZ tent. I'm also planning on putting a fridge in the back and a few other things.

DSC_0304.JPG
IMG_2155.JPG
IMG_2154.JPG
DSC_0300.JPG
DSC_0308.JPG

Last edited:
Hiace - you have done my dream trip. I think I need to copy that trip one day. Sometimes Canada seems like a big
island. J

It was indeed a dreamtrip! :)

You can read about it on my website: www.lovetheworld.nl but it's in Dutch :hillbilly:
There is however a Google Translate button. And you can always just check the pictures.

If you have any questions you can always send me a message or e-mail me via that website.

It was indeed a dreamtrip! :)

You can read about it on my website: www.lovetheworld.nl but it's in Dutch :hillbilly:
There is however a Google Translate button. And you can always just check the pictures.

If you have any questions you can always send me a message or e-mail me via that website.

I will get a hold of you as soon as work settles down here. Yes, lots of questions. J

No, just trying to organize upcoming missions here in the next few weeks. I'm on the
6/49 lottery retirement plan at this time. If I win the lottery I retire.

Not mine, though I wish it were. This rig parked next to me last night in Bagamoyo, on the coast of Tanzania about 2 hours north of Dar Es Salaam.

image12.jpeg

image13.jpeg

Last edited:
Just starting out. 2006 GX470, 3" Radflo & Metaltech long travel lift, RCI skid plates & rock rails, 265/70/17 Dick Cepek Fun Country tires & home build trailer with a M416 style wood box and matching wheels. MetalTech bumpers to come this winter or next spring

image.jpeg

A
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom