Fj40 with Jeep Bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone! I was looking on google and I came across this 1975 FJ40. It is one of the best looking FJ's i have ever seen. I noticed it has Warn front and rear bumpers. I looked at Warns website because I didn't think they made FJ bumpers (I was correct). My question is, can you put a Jeep bumper on an FJ? I know Hanson offroad makes adapter kits for FJ40's so you can use any of their front bumpers from a cj/yj/tj but nothing for the rear. Could you use that adapter to use any Jeep bumper? I assume you could fab something up to make them work. Well even if you can't help me with my question, enjoy the pictures below. Here's the link to the FJ and to Hanson Offroad.

1975 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 :: Victory Muscle Cars
Hanson Offroad: JRF-FJ40: TOYOTA FJ40 FRONT BUMPER BRACKET KIT, Replacement Parts
1975-toyota-lc-fj40-002.jpg
1975-toyota-lc-fj40-006.jpg
1975-toyota-lc-fj40-007.jpg
1975-toyota-lc-fj40-010.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 9.08.22 AM.png

Seems the easiest solution would be to contact the source of the photos and ask how they did it.

Warn used to make a front bumper for the fj40. I know this because I purchased one at the time I bought a Warn 8274. It was a direct bolt on one piece bumper. Much more primitive that the one shown in the picture. It was probably discontinued long ago. I just recently replaced it with a custom front bumper built by Jason at Trail Tailor. He builds top notch stuff...

Warn used to make a front bumper for the fj40. I know this because I purchased one at the time I bought a Warn 8274. It was a direct bolt on one piece bumper. Much more primitive that the one shown in the picture. It was probably discontinued long ago. I just recently replaced it with a custom front bumper built by Jason at Trail Tailor. He builds top notch stuff...
Yeah, I have looked at his products. They look very nice. Would you mind posting a picture of your bumper?

time to learn how to weld and manipulate steel.

brackets could be made fairly easy. i would guess thats what they paid someone to do

Anything can be made to fit with enough fabrication.

You and I have very different opinions on what makes a "nice" Land Cruiser.

Amen - I particularly dislike various parts painted in an accent color (wiper cover, kick vents, fuel door, door handles, and god forbid the cap)

Jason not only creates innovative, bullet proof products he is a great guy that is easy to work with.

The rear sill is completely missing on that 40.

Seriously. I'm glad more people don't have the same taste in cruisers that the OP does. Oh wait, there are a lot of them out there - they're called jeep owners.

Seriously. I'm glad more people don't have the same taste in cruisers that the OP does. Oh wait, there are a lot of them out there - they're called jeep owners.
Oh really? Because I have seen quite a few landcruisers posted on here that are resto-moded like the one above. Everyone has their own opinions and tastes, so maybe you should just learn to accept that instead of making unnecessary comments. I always thought mud was full of a bunch of people that love landcruisers and respected everyone else, but I guess that's not the case.

Oh really? Because I have seen quite a few landcruisers posted on here that are resto-moded like the one above. Everyone has their own opinions and tastes, so maybe you should just learn to accept that instead of making unnecessary comments. I always thought mud was full of a bunch of people that love landcruisers and respected everyone else, but I guess that's not the case.

One of the other great things about mud is that most people here can take a joke.

Not my taste, but nice for what it is. Hood doesn't fit right - kinda cocked. You'd probably all laugh at mine, but I love it just the same. I have jeep tail lights and I hear 'NICE JEEP' all the time. Have to get rid of those soon. For me, the point is, find it, love it, drive it. Make your rig yours and ignore any jibes about aesthetics. The folks at MUD are great, but human. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom