HELP! Starter Problems? I Think... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for all the help!

Yeah clean all your contacts with ketchup an coat with diletic grease. The ground strap goes from battery to engine block corner of mount. An positive side of battery post to starter. There's a single wire little wire that can be disconnected an manually jumped just make sure key is in on postion an touch positive post with jumper wire from solid the little jump wire. If it works when hit wit rod an hammer its the contacts on starter. Dont mess with rebuilding just use a reman denso Brand an call it a day. You have the money replace the butt ring on back cylinder you have all the money replace the key also complete cylinder they get worn an key stuck or won't turn. I can post some pics

Yeah clean all your contacts with ketchup an coat with diletic grease. The ground strap goes from battery to engine block corner of mount. An positive side of battery post to starter. There's a single wire little wire that can be disconnected an manually jumped just make sure key is in on postion an touch positive post with jumper wire from solid the little jump wire. If it works when hit wit rod an hammer its the contacts on starter. Dont mess with rebuilding just use a reman denso Brand an call it a day. You have the money replace the butt ring on back cylinder you have all the money replace the key also complete cylinder they get worn an key stuck or won't turn. I can post some pics
1477060546096862343411.jpg

See in corner were they drill it. new one not re keyed is smooth an people cant Vin cut your key ( thief's)

1477060683939-1721331406.jpg

With key in on postion use a jumper wire. UN plug connector dont brake the release tab. Stuff wire in terminal an touch positive post on battery she will dat dat dat right up hurry remove wire

1477061082036-1383927961.jpg

Clean your contacts for good eltrical path. Power always flows the eases path. You Dont want any restiance an cover connections an connectors contacts not the connect the contacts with diletic grease silicon paste or atlrast vasoline

1477061316076-763475041.jpg

I hope this can help a lot of people get with start issues an jumping the ignition cylinder an getting starter turn over when in a jam. An importance an preventive wire care

Part number is on starter buy cold spec also. There larger cranking states. This is a cold start they will have dif rating get larger rated ones when buying if available. This is the cold spec Denso part number ebay amazon that number car quest sales denso

Yeh but $5.99.... I know the contacts should be just copper, maybe there copper coated. ...

Or they could be aluminum or lead or,,,, but have never seen it. The generic ones that we have installed have all been copper-ish looking metal that have worked well. Some are not shaped exactly like factory, so slightly less surface area, maybe slightly less life. They are just contacts, consumable in nature, all of them are going to wear out.:meh:

I hope this can help a lot of people get with start issues an jumping the ignition cylinder an getting starter turn over when in a jam. An importance an preventive wire care

Jay consider upgrading your phone, it doesn't appear to do a great job of transferring your thoughts to text? :hillbilly:

Last edited:
I need a brake booster converter an vat still. Hear you!! I cant write air vane sensor spell check

I've decided to do the rebuild using OEM parts. There's too much controversy with all the other replacement parts and I believe Toyota parts are the best for this application. I should have the parts on Monday. Looking forward to opening this baby up and hopefully putting this problem to rest!

Well I rebuilt my starter solenoid yesterday. I spent more time removing the starter than anything else. I felt like Jacob wrestling with God on this one for sure! Rebuilding the solenoid was definitely the easy part. In fact I felt like I was taking a half time break in the middle of the game. Putting the starter back in was no picnic either but much quicker than taking it out. 290k has a way of making everything much harder. I really don't want to ever pull this starter again! Oh, the clicking is gone and my truck starts every time now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom