Cab components removal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpeg
I need help removing all the cab components/electrical. What's the proper way to remove it all, wiring harness and all

Ummm, one step at a time? It's pretty straightforward stuff, just simple hand tools really. Everything either un-bolts or un-screws.....

Make sure you take a lot of pictures. I just stripped mine down and there is no way I can remember how everything will go back without them. Also mark the cable harness of where each connector goes. Good luck!

Start under the hood, at the headlights/horns...

Unplug everything from there to the firewall, both sides... Note: might help later if you label the connectors, as you unplug them.

Note: the rear harness connects to the main harness, at the 3 and 6 pin connectors, in the firewall, under the voltage regulator.

Once you have everything disconnected, under the hood... Including the temperature gauge wire, from the sender and any other wires that breach the firewall...

Go into the cab and pull the harness back thru the firewall...

Then go, one connection at at time and disconnect everything... You can see how the knobs connect, as you go along...

Pull the gauge cluster and disconnect everything...

Disconnect the key switch subharness, by th steering column...

Two bolts drop the fuse box...

Should be able to get it all done... I can't think of any issues... Just be sure to pull the rear harness... It has connections for the tranny... Backup lights and throttle position switch and fuel tank sender, along with the tail/stop/turn/backup/marker lights.

Enjoy!!

Well the reason @Rock40 is because I've never done it before, haven't owned a Landcruiser in my life. Figured some tips would be helpful from guys that have done it. @pngunme thanks, you've been helpful with both threads, you definitely one of references on this whole thing.

photograph everything & label - take your time & label everything - even the obvious. It's not so obvious when it's all unplugged & the entire harness is in your garage floor. I took a lot of pics and almost always wished that I'd taken twice as many as I did.

Good luck.

If I recall correctly, most of the knobs have a set screw to loosen and then they'll unscrew. After the knob is removed the switch will unscrew by inserting a tool into the two holes beside the shaft and unscrewing the 'bolt'. Digital picks are great and as others have said, photograph everything and mark everything.

I was working on a powerchair on day, and we marked everything we disconnected. A nameless technician from another shop thought it wise to unplug a wire and not label it... 2 hours later, we figured out why the chair wasn't working properly and where to connect the jack. Moral, Photograph, Lable, Photograph, label... don't take any shortcuts... and bag all the bits and pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom