I he still open (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.monsterfishkeepers.com
Is the trails u0 behind harisonburg still open . Salt shed dictum ridge exc exc . Haven't been in years. I wana take my 4 runners on 32s with my kids up this week . If they shut them down I will go do Crabtree falls

Should be open, you just want to make sure you don't drive off the main trail/fire road.

Big Levels AKA Bald mountain jeep trail should be open this time a year and is pretty close to you if you are still in Nelson co.

Salt shed is permanently closed. Union springs and stuff is open. Second mountain should be.

I'm still in Nelson just on the Scottsville side now off 29 and 6. Where's big levels trail at any directions or info on that be great

Any of u able to go beginning this week mo day Tuesday somthing like that.

Big Levels is a fire road that runs from coal Rd. near Sherando Lake up to the BR parkway south of Love Rd (Bald Mt. Overlook). Look up Rt 162 Lyndhurst Va. in google maps.

I prefer to run it up to the parkway. It actually dumps you out conveniently close to Devils Backbone (even if they did sell out to Anheuser Busch)

They have been restoring a couple of the reservoirs which has blocked parts of Coal Rd. I think the construction is over but to be on the safe side....

Get directions to Shenandoah Acres camp ground. If you go past the campground and follow the road into GWNF, it will end at Coal Rd. Take a right on Coal road and the bottom trail head will be on your left. It should be marked as a fire road with an open gate.

I did that trails years ago after a big snow. Great times!

FYI Crabtree Falls/ Shoe Creek is closed too. A small part of it is open, but one of the land owners got tired of people being disrespectful and put up a gate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom