My UZJ40 Build - 2UZ iForce V8 and a750f 5spd auto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fantastic build and very thoughtful thread. Total eye and garage candy.

Thanks for sharing, it's inspiring. Now I have to go clean my garage.

J

Glad I could motivate you to do something.... even if it's not working on your truck!

Absolutely stunning vehicle ! Wow !!

Thank you tmarx

those wheels fit your truck perfectly, well done!

I think so too! I absolutely love them! They are a good mix of old school, simple, and modern style, just like my goal for the 40. They are a huge improvement over the steelies I had on before, and I like being able to see all 4 discs behind the wheels!

Just wondering out loud...any updates on it ?
I know it's pretty much done , just curious how much it's being driven/used...so many get built then just slowly disappear.
Sarge

Hey Sarge-

Thanks for following along.

I drive my 40 about 2-3 days a week. It's got a couple thousand miles on it now. There are still a few things I need to do- mostly to the interior and a couple wiring details. It's extremely difficult to get motivated enough to take things back apart to fix issues when overall the vehicle runs like I want it to. I have a list of stuff that needs to be addressed and I'll try and do it all at once.

We currently have way too many cars as well. We have 2 Tacomas and 2 4Runners, so I've been driving and playing with those!

Here are the two new(er) rigs-

20160430_142155_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160429_122455_Richtone(HDR).jpg

Stumbled upon this thread last night and was immediately hooked. I appreciate the time you spent documenting the build for the rest of us to enjoy. Your 40 turned out amazing.

This thing is insanely rad

Thanks!

...in my dreams I saw a vision of what my FJ could be. Now, tell us what it cost.

What it cost me to build? Or what it will cost you to purchase from me?

Stumbled upon this thread last night and was immediately hooked. I appreciate the time you spent documenting the build for the rest of us to enjoy. Your 40 turned out amazing.

Thanks! The guy that I bought the silver Tacoma from just sent me this screenshot and asked if it was my 40... I thought it was pretty funny because I had no idea SCS posted it. I really don't do any social media, so I'm glad SCS is able to use it for them!

Screenshot952016-05-10-18-35-09.png

Thanks!

What it cost me to build? Or what it will cost you to purchase from me?

Thanks! The guy that I bought the silver Tacoma from just sent me this screenshot and asked if it was my 40... I thought it was pretty funny because I had no idea SCS posted it. I really don't do any social media, so I'm glad SCS is able to use it for them!

Screenshot952016-05-10-18-35-09.png
Cost to build

Cost to build

Not sure. I don't really care, and I didn't keep track. I know what I wanted the final product to be so I made it happen.

Also, the only thing I outsourced was paint/body. Your cost to build a similar vehicle could be 3x the cost of mine if you don't do any of the work yourself.

Not sure. I don't really care, and I didn't keep track. I know what I wanted the final product to be so I made it happen.

Also, the only thing I outsourced was paint/body. Your cost to build a similar vehicle could be 3x the cost of mine if you don't do any of the work yourself.
Thanks
The required planning, foresight, and attention to detail are impressive. Your personal skill sets are as well. Thank you for sharing an inspiring project. If I can find a replacement for the FJ I sold 7-8 years ago I may pick your brain and use a few of your ideas.
Enjoy your ride
Tom

Thanks
The required planning, foresight, and attention to detail are impressive. Your personal skill sets are as well. Thank you for sharing an inspiring project. If I can find a replacement for the FJ I sold 7-8 years ago I may pick your brain and use a few of your ideas.
Enjoy your ride
Tom

Any time. Thanks!

UPS brought me 5 packages on Friday!

20160219_104954111.jpg

20160219_105220.jpg

A couple teaser pics of my new wheel and tire setup.... separate thread and details coming soon!

20160219_170850_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160219_170928_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160219_170912_Richtone(HDR).jpg
First off, what a sweet build and a hearty congratulations to seeing it through! It is way too easy to get stalled on a build that stretches out over a couple years, but you have done a stellar job!
Quick question, can you tell us what size tire you put on those rims? They appear to be just right!

Cheers!

What a beautiful Las Vegas evening.... a fuel injected FJ40 with cold AC! Makes the 110 degree temps no issue!

A few pics for your enjoyment... For anyone curious how much flex you can get out of OME Dakar springs. These aren't even broken in yet, they have have 2500 miles on them. I think I need longer bump stops!

20160723_193747_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160723_193807_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160723_194445_Richtone(HDR).jpg

20160723_194606_Richtone(HDR).jpg

They are 315 75 16s.... So about 35x12.5x16.

Thanks for the nice comments!

I'm assuming you've already checked for rubbing to make sure you don't tweak a fender... but sheesh that looks close.

And it looks gorgeous! I love pictorial updates to this thread.

You are running 35" tires on OME 2.5"? I've always heard that 33's were max, and you needed a 4" lift to squeeze 35's... Are you running a body lift?

I'm assuming you've already checked for rubbing to make sure you don't tweak a fender... but sheesh that looks close.

And it looks gorgeous! I love pictorial updates to this thread.

There is a bit of rubber-to-metal contact in the photos. It's actually only the front fender support, the rear isn't even close.

You are running 35" tires on OME 2.5"? I've always heard that 33's were max, and you needed a 4" lift to squeeze 35's... Are you running a body lift?

Yes, I needed a 1.5" body lift for my transmission and transfer case. I also have longer shackles. With all of the components, it's close to a 4" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom