pics of roof interior without head liner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody have any pictures of their 60 after ripping out the head liner? Still working on ripping mine out (shop time is scarce), and I'm kicking around some replacement ideas.

Here's one from just after removing the headliner and the first round of jute liner removal.

Is this about what you are looking for?

Dan

IMG_2337.jpg

This is great, thanks. Hopefully I'll get to the same stage you're at this weekend.

What have you been doing to remove that old jute liner?

What have you been doing to remove that old jute liner?

1st step: pressure washer.
2nd step: scraping with a plastic scraper.
3rd step: Using a dog brush.
4th step: scotch brite.

I'm covering it all up again with insulation and headliner, but I did want to remove as much of the jute liner as I could...

Dan

Great, thanks for the tips.

Going with OEM headliner? Curious what you're planning to use for insulation, too. Something like Dynamat?

It sucks.
Messy, much overhead scraping with crap and dust going everywhere..took me a full day.

Yep. That's why I hit it with the pressure washer first. That took out most of it. But removing the rest is pretty awful. Scraping, stuff falling in your eyes, etc....

Yeah, about a full day.

Going with OEM headliner? Curious what you're planning to use for insulation, too. Something like Dynamat?

OEM style Headliner. No heavy stuff like Dynamite on a roof, IMHO. So I'm just using this stuff on the roof:
Amazon.com : INSULATOR 12 Dual Side Foil THERMAL ACOUSTIC BLANKET Cascade Audio Engineering I-12 : Sports & Outdoors

I haven't applied it yet, but I will this week.

Dan

I hadn't found that product in my searches - it looks great. Lightweight and suited for autos. Thanks for the info!

FYI:
You might ent to check those crossmembers if you haven't already..

They are supposed to be glued to the ceiling, but after these many years they come unglued, and become rattlers every time a door is shut or when driving on washboard roads...
Is this a resto project?

Here's my project in a nutshell. Removing the headliner sucks, but really course sandpaper, a sanding block and goggles made it sick less.

IMG_20150201_162210.jpg
IMG_20150221_131217.jpg
IMG_20150412_143945.jpg
IMG_20150526_192538 (1).jpg

@pistonpete, how do you like that Dyna-Liner? How was the installation? Any feedback on heat / cold regulation when using that product?

Just installing now so, no road test yet bet i really like so far, It's very well made i think, and when i tap on roof its make a huge difference in tones. Should be good, it's nice and thick, and stick's very well. Very easy to install.

Here's my project in a nutshell. Removing the headliner sucks, but really course sandpaper, a sanding block and goggles made it sick less.

What have you done here? what is this stuff on your roof?

What have you done here? what is this stuff on your roof?

I knew I was going to have to rip out the headliner when I bought it and figured i would buy the SOR headliner, but then I found @goldchaser's thread and took some ideas from his project. It's actually not complete, but the bare bones look has kind of grown on me. I have a roll of foam padding to cover as well and tack onto the sides up there.

The material on the roof are these giant wool blankets I found for $10 a pop on some army surplus site. It's actually for sale right now so I probably need to finish that project up to make it look a little nicer for potential buyers

So just sprayed contact cement and stuck the wool up. Sounds okay. I am going to have to remove my headliner
I suspect to do some rust roofline repair. I'm not optimistic that the headliner will be saved. I installed a SOR headliner
6 yrs ago, it's stood up okay. I'd get another if I need or want to. I'm thinking of going 70's with sound deadener and
then a kind of hard board up the sides and ceiling. For abuse control and attachment ideas I've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom