2016 vs Other 200's - Suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had my LC for two weeks, so I figure thats long enough to start figuring out a lift and wheel package. I'm looking for about 3" of lift and the ability to fit 33" tires. I have read a little bit about King, Icon, Fox, and the new ARB BP-51 coil overs. Is there a consensus on one being better than the other?

The real question... Has anything changed for the 2016 model year that would prohibit systems from previous 200 model years from fitting? Obviously the body is different so bumpers and the like may be different. At this point I am most concerned about suspension components.

Thanks for reading. Also, sorry if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about, because I honestly don't. My brother got all the mechanical ability. :)

I've had my LC for two weeks, so I figure thats long enough to start figuring out a lift and wheel package. I'm looking for about 3" of lift and the ability to fit 33" tires. I have read a little bit about King, Icon, Fox, and the new ARB BP-51 coil overs. Is there a consensus on one being better than the other?

The real question... Has anything changed for the 2016 model year that would prohibit systems from previous 200 model years from fitting? Obviously the body is different so bumpers and the like may be different. At this point I am most concerned about suspension components.

Thanks for reading. Also, sorry if I sound like I don't know what I am talking about, because I honestly don't. My brother got all the mechanical ability. :)

FWIW...
You don't need ANY lift to fit 33" tires.
So...if 33" is your target...you can do that TODAY...lift or no lift.

They fit, but they might rub depending on what you get. My AT tires rubbed when I turned. I drove them without a lift for a month though

FWIW...
You don't need ANY lift to fit 33" tires.
So...if 33" is your target...you can do that TODAY...lift or no lift.

I also plan to add the ARB front bumper once it is available. Figured the shocks would help with the added weight.

So with a 3" lift, what size tires are feasible?

I also plan to add the ARB front bumper once it is available. Figured the shocks would help with the added weight.

So with a 3" lift, what size tires are feasible?

Have a look here for a great spreadsheet of ih8mud user's actual data regarding wheels/tires/lift and its effect on what can and cannot fit with/without rubbing and if it does rub...where, and to what degree of severity.

200 Series Tire Size Database

Have a look here for a great spreadsheet of ih8mud user's actual data regarding wheels/tires/lift and its effect on what can and cannot fit with/without rubbing and if it does rub...where, and to what degree of severity.

200 Series Tire Size Database

That is a great tool! Thank you very much for the link. I guess part of my reservations are not knowing if anything changes with the refresh in '16.

That is a great tool! Thank you very much for the link. I guess part of my reservations are not knowing if anything changes with the refresh in '16.
Except for the transmission internals and cosmetic changes to the hood, lights, front grill and interior, along with a few other touches...the 2016 remains essentially identical in every other respect. There's a reason it's still called the 200 series. -Those changes didn't rework the basic structure of the truck...or it would be the 220, or the 300, or etc.

The front end does require a slightly tweaked ARB bumper, just as my 2008 200 series bumper has slight differences to the more recent model year 200's...but the suspension relationship with the wheels is unchanged, as far as I understand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom