Anyone running 285/75/16 without lift? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tampacruiser95

Upgrades are coming.
Threads
I have stock height OME springs and Bilstein shocks (so slight lift). Looking to get a little bigger tire. Amazon and Tire Rack tell me the 285/75/16 won't fit.

Does anyone have larger tires without lift? I assume yes, but wanted first hand account before I spring for some tires.

Thank you, that's what I thought. I guess they just don't want to be liable if anything went wrong.

I run 285/75R16 on OME stock height with absolutely no problem. I also have ARB up front and custom rear bumper with spare tire on it.

I run 285/75R16 on OME stock height with absolutely no problem. I also have ARB up front and custom rear bumper with spare tire on it.
Awesome, that takes away the worry for me. I am going with a similar setup, just with a 4x4 labs up front.

have them on a 97 with ome stock heights as well. had the same wheels and tires on a 93 with saggy oem springs.
So everyone is confirming they would fit. I guess the tire places are just overly cautious. Thanks for the input.

Why yes I am
20151213_173923.jpg

That's how I bought mine and it looked silly with such small tires lol.

Last edited:
Find another tire shop. They will fit just fine. If another tire shop isn't available and you have a pickup or another vehicle with a trailer, just remove the tires/wheels from your vehicle and take them there.

Tire shop told me the same thing. After they mounted them, they stood back and oohed and aahed at how nice they looked.

Perfect tire for the stock height, if you ask me.

View attachment 1196166
Yeah I think they look better than the tires on my truck now and probably offer a more plush ride.

I am running 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer AT/3 on a 1 year old, OME Stock height suspension. Fit is great, and no rubbing. The Coopers are truely on the lower end of the 33" spectrum at a 32.56" overall diameter.

IMG_7769.JPG
IMG_7675.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom