Registry 60-series Registry (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 87 FJ60
2. Mike
3. Scooby Two
4. Over 300
5. Lots of mods and more mods.
6. Travel, exploring, camping etc
IMG_0673.jpeg

IMG_0673.jpeg

Brought home an all original FJ60 this week. Some details:

1. 1982 FJ60
2. Jeff
3. Name of vehicle: TBD
4. 41,000 miles
5. Stock except for a few odd things like red accent paint
6. Desert exploration, local trails

day1exterior.jpg

1. 1986 FJ60
2. TheLoneTree
3. Bootsmobile
4. 178xxx
5. Small block 350 v8, OME suspension, ARB bumpers/winch, Defender roof rack
6. Semi-daily driver, camping, assorted adventures

IMG_3376.JPG

Brought home an all original FJ60 this week. Some details:

1. 1982 FJ60
2. Jeff
3. Name of vehicle: TBD
4. 41,000 miles
5. Stock except for a few odd things like red accent paint
6. Desert exploration, local trails

day1exterior.jpg

41,000?? Nice!

1. 86 FJ60

2. Mike

3. Hasn’t earned a name yet

4. Almost 265000, about 18K on the 2F and less than 1K on a knuckle(s) rebuild

5. OME suspension, ARB front bumper with Warn 9K, custom back bumper, “Toyota” yellow fog lights (if anyone knows about them I would like some info as I have not been able to find anything on them), Iron Pig bucket seats and a Tuffy locking console (very nice). Its a work in progress so there's more to come.

6. Daily driver, its teaching me to slow down.

If this is not the proper way to intro please let me know, I'm new to this online member stuff. As soon as I figure out how to get a picture attached I will.

Thanks

1. 86 FJ60

2. Mike

3. Hasn’t earned a name yet

4. Almost 265000, about 18K on the 2F and less than 1K on a knuckle(s) rebuild

5. OME suspension, ARB front bumper with Warn 9K, custom back bumper, “Toyota” yellow fog lights (if anyone knows about them I would like some info as I have not been able to find anything on them), Iron Pig bucket seats and a Tuffy locking console (very nice). Its a work in progress so there's more to come.

6. Daily driver, its teaching me to slow down.

If this is not the proper way to intro please let me know, I'm new to this online member stuff. As soon as I figure out how to get a picture attached I will.

Thanks

I figured out the picture thing
IMG_1224-2.JPG
This is the largest one I could get to attach

1. 1989 HJ60
2. Rick
3. Not sure but Hiro Nakamura is sounding good...
4. 237,000 KM
5. After market turbo, safari snorkle, lift and TRD wheels and Toyo Tires, ARB and 4x4 labs bumpers
6. Right now, as a way to scare passengers sitting in the passenger seat while I learn to shift with my left hand...

• tmp_15679-2016-01-12 20.13.37-720187119.jpg
  • 1989 FJ 62, 190,000 miles, 'Pig', bone stock, dd, missing some steel due to extreme electrolysis, a variety of tire sizes and brands. Plan is to make it safe then make it awesome.

1. 1983 FJ60
2. GTex
3. Steamboatch
4. 146,800 MI
5. Tuffy Console
6. Hobby/Project Truck...plan on building it up for trips to Cabo and Colorado
IMG_7459_zpsocitib0x.jpg

I've been doing some work on the Steamboatch, aka Little Red. Began with blacking out the chrome bits and have procured some gray steelies and 33 10.5 R15 BFG KM2s that go on tomorrow!!!

The Moonlander!

1983 FJ60 (South African model)

Owner: Antonio da Silva
The Moonlander
290.000 Km

Car was in no driving condition when i picked it up from PO. - All gear around engine replaced, hoses, electricals, intake and exhaust manifold repair, carburetor rebuild.
Ironman 2" lift spring leafs and shocks, TRE's, General Grabbers MTR 33x12.5 - 15" Rim. Custom front and rear bumper. Onboard air system from obsolete AC compressor.

Bought in Namibia for desert and savanna expeditions, but is now (also) a daily driver while i'm working in this beautiful and wild country- just can get enough... i have to drive her every day!

full

Well, this is now 2023... many updates since now and then.
The car was completely stripped and resprayed, mechanically the idea was fixing it was we go while keeping everything neat and clean... new radiator, new suspension bushes, new shocks, etc.
IMG_20221008_164420.jpg
During the stripdown process, floors were in very good shape. Every original part was removed with care and restored to the possible extent.
IMG_20221002_192305.jpg

Donor doors from an UNTag FJ62. Historical pieces.

Last edited:
The Moonlander!

1983 FJ60 (South African model)

Owner: Antonio da Silva
The Moonlander
290.000 Km

Car was in no driving condition when i picked it up from PO. - All gear around engine replaced, hoses, electricals, intake and exhaust manifold repair, carburetor rebuild.
Ironman 2" lift spring leafs and shocks, TRE's, General Grabbers MTR 33x12.5 - 15" Rim. Custom front and rear bumper. Onboard air system from obsolete AC compressor.

Bought in Namibia for desert and savanna expeditions, but is now (also) a daily driver while i'm working in this beautiful and wild country- just can get enough... i have to drive her every day!

full

Lekker Man . . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom