Tornado Alley Cruisers Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Those look like Slee castor brackets, definitely leave them on unless your are planning to go back to stock height. I have the same springs and castor setup on my 97. The only difference is you have the L shocks and I have the standard ones. The switch to 33's will definitely improve you exceleration and help with availability of spares on your road trip.

Just wanted to say hello. This site is awesome and the people on here are even better!! I have had the opportunity to ask a few people questions and it has been a blessing to have so much knowledge at ones disposal.

So the details-
Just purchased my 1985 J60 Land Cruiser (Exterior-Silver, Interior- Gray) out of Denver and drove it home about a month or so ago. Had a nice 630 mile drive back to Kansas City. Love the truck and its so funny getting compliments on it all the time. I live up North in Liberty, MO in case your wondering as well.

Phase 1- Completed items thus far
Oil change
New exhaust, by local exhaust shop up north.
Installed New OEM antenna.
Cleaned the interior real good
Installed New OEM Shift Knob
Installed New OEM Clutch, Brake and Gas pedal rubber
Removed Dealer installed chrome roof rack (hunk of Junk and a pain in the A$$)
Installed New OME Lift from Cruiser Outfitters done by KC Customs up north where I live.
Blacked out OEM Grill and side lamp covers
Installed New Cibie Headlights from Danial Stern Lighting.
Ordered new 16x7 Rims (Wheel Vintiques 12 Series Smoothie Wheel). Test fitted one and it bolted right up.
Ordered new P235/85/16 BFG AT KO2's. Hopefully have new wheels and tires installed in by next week.
Installed New OEM Speedometer Cable.
Installed all new OEM Side marker lights as well as front and back turn signal light covers.
Installed New OEM Side Mirrors.
Installed New OEM Dome and Back Cargo Lights.
Installed New Clutch Master Cylinder and Slave from Cruiser Outfitters.
Installed New Rear upper Hatch Shocks/supports from CruiserYard

Next -all the other standard maintenance items are up on the list.
Install front Sway bar with extensions as KC Customs left it off and gave it to the scrap guy.
All New Vacuum lines from McMaster-Carr, received just need to install.
Adjust Valve Springs.
Knuckle rebuild.
Rear wheel bearings replaced.
Focus on small leaks etc. (oil pan, power steering, transfer case).
Need to replace OEM front and rear bumpers, mine are somewhat beat up! Considering www.hfs4x4.com bumpers and sliders (really like these) or may just try to find a set of OEM bumpers for now.
Replace Stereo system that was installed by PO. Time to upgrade this s***ty radio and all speakers!

Phase 2 (spring time)
All body and paint redone.

Phase 3- (Summer or next fall)
Interior

Here are a couple of pics before the OME, basically what it looked like when I picked it up. Will post some pics of new OEM lift and wheels and tires as soon as I get them on. Also here is a pick of the of the Blacked out Front Grill.

Look forward to meeting some fellow Cruiser lovers in the Kansas City area! Thanks to 2fpower for introducing me to the club as well!

Here are some previous pics that I posted on the main fj60 forum. Having a heck of a time uploading pics the normal way at this moment.

img_3048-jpg.1142978 Front View
img_3072-jpg.1142981 Side View 1
img_3073-jpg.1142982 Side View 2
front-grill-jpg.1158911 Blacked out Grill with new Cibie Headlamps

Welcome! Nice looking rig.

Welcome to the club, for pictures I've been using the phone app exclusively. Makes it very easy.

yes will do, I am putting new 235/85/16 BFG and new rims on the truck tomorrow. Will post pics with the new lift after I get them on:)

Little update here since my last post. Had a OME lift installed (got from Cruiser Outfitters, Kurt is Awesome!!), added new BFG AT KO2 (235/85/16) all around on new Wheel Vintiques 12 Series Smoothie Wheels - 16x7 from Summit Racing (bolted right up!). Totally changed the look of the truck! Here is the pic!
IMG_3219.JPG

Wow. That is a clean rig.

Just met @vankc Very nice rig and individual.

Look forward to seeing you at events with family.

Thanks 2fpower! It was great to meet you as well and I really enjoyed your insight. Hope to meet others here in Kansas City and thanks again for the hooking me up with the Sway Bar, just ordered the extension links from CruiserOutfitters.

Hey folks Rick here just procured my first Cruiser after years in a Wrangler. I drive a 89 HJ60 and I am getting used to the right hand drive. Trying to find a good place to ask questions and find a manual or two.

I have some new headlights on the way that should help it not be so much of a death trap (since the light bar doesn't go over well with the other drivers :meh:). At any rate just wanted to may y'alls acquaintance. Looking forward to learning

@Ricktor Welcome to the family. This site has an incredible amount of tech information. I imagine you will need to spend most of your time in the 60's and Diesel Tech sections but hope you stick around on this local forum as well. We had a couple of good days wheeling this weekend at nearby parks. It sounds like there will be another group headed down to KS Rocks on Sat Jan 9th. Meet at 151st and 169 Hwy ready to roll out by 8 AM if you are up for it.

@Ricktor Welcome to the family. This site has an incredible amount of tech information. I imagine you will need to spend most of your time in the 60's and Diesel Tech sections but hope you stick around on this local forum as well. We had a couple of good days wheeling this weekend at nearby parks. It sounds like there will be another group headed down to KS Rocks on Sat Jan 9th. Meet at 151st and 169 Hwy ready to roll out by 8 AM if you are up for it.

Hey Robkc thanks for the "hello". Not sure about this Saturday but it would be great to connect on the local level! I know one of the co-owners out there at KS Rocks (Don) and he has been after me for a while to get out there. Gonna have to get that done soon.

@Ricktor There are quite of few of us scattered around the city and a pretty large contingent of FZJ80 concentrated in Northern JOCO KS. Several 60's owners on the North and East sides. What area of the city are you in?

@Robkc I'm SE right by the triangle but I get around in the JOCO area quite a bit as those of us on the Southside do.

Can't remember whether or not I've posted in here, but I'm from the Knob Noster/Warrensburg area about an hour West of KC.

Went to the Kansas Rocks park on the 9th with a few people from the KC Tacos Facebook group and met @Robkc there. He reminded me about this forum and I thought I'd check it out again.

Hope I get to make it to a few events and maybe even a meeting or two as long as I'm on my weekend or able to get some time off.(Work an odd schedule)

Here's the two different ways my rig will look at times if anybody sees me:

DSC_0002 by Brent Prater, on Flickr
DSC_0002 (3) by Brent Prater, on Flickr

Was great to meet up with you all @PcBuilder14. I hope you all had good time sliding around. I sure didn't think that first hill was going to be that difficult and know that it would be a breeze now with things pretty well frozen up.

Was great to meet up with you all @PcBuilder14. I hope you all had good time sliding around. I sure didn't think that first hill was going to be that difficult and know that it would be a breeze now with things pretty well frozen up.
Thanks! Had a good time. Looked back at some pics from a couple years ago and it has definitely changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom