March 9th 2013 Keystone Dam Wheeling and Picnic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For those that might have missed the other discussions, the point of this is light wheeling that any stock truck can do, minimal time comitment, minimal organization effort.

March 9th 10:00 am we meet in the asphault parking lot below the dam.

http://www.ohranger.com/keystone-lake/poi/whitewater

We can do introductions and then we can do a little loope of the area, see if ther is any areas anyone wants to play in.

I'lll guide us back along the river round 11:30 -noon. We can circle our wagons (or at least tailgates), and have our lunches and let the kiddos play. If you want to go play in the sand in your truck while the kids play, that's totally cool. It's not a big enough area that we're going to loose each other.

After that it's up to you guys. Play in the mud, play in the sand, see if you can get a little air under your tires on that sand hill - all cool with me (some things I might just watch with a smile on my face). I'll have some tow straps, and clevis's and will probably throw in a long board. Should be enough to unstick anyone unless hey get over exuberant.

Lunch - bring your own cooler; everyone is responsible for feeding and watering themselves. If you want to bring a treat to share that's cool too. I don't know if alcohol is allowed in the area, I'm guessing glass bottles aren't allowed. I probably don have to say it but will anyway, you're responsible for your own behavior when it comes to having a few beers or any other behavior. Sounds like my kids won't be the only ones there, act appropriately.

This will be a pilot run, we can decide what works and what doesn't and apply it to a repeat or a different location. I'm really looking forward to meeting some new faces and hopefully seeing some old ones.

Not keen on posting my phone number but if you pm me I'll give you my cell# in case you need any information

Last edited:
Just noticed the link says open from March 16 through October 31. Having never been there myself, do we know its going to be open for our group?

Great news. thanks and see you there about 10:00-1030. Its a good drive for me.

I got a soft okay from my wife to go on March 9th. I will have to leave my son at home as I only have the one seat unless one of my kids can hitchhike?

I got a soft okay from my wife to go on March 9th. I will have to leave my son at home as I only have the one seat unless one of my kids can hitchhike?

It'll be tight, but I think we can put three car seats across the back of my truck. Elliot is in a booster now and I know if I take the back off it I can fit him, her and an adult in the back.

We're here!

Last edited:
Photo. Alot like a beach. Where are you guys.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Where are you guys.

The kids and I hung around the parking area from 10-11:00 and figured no one was showing up. So we went to the far end and played in the sand and had our lunch. Then we looped up to the road, I think we may have passed by each other, came back to the dam to see if anyone had shown up, saw the fire trucks putting out a brush fire and then went home.

We arrived about 11:00, sorry but it took 3 hour to get there. We drove around on the sand until about 12:30. We're you in the blue Tacoma?
We saw the fire. The world lost mostly an old mattress. My wife says we have a great chance to shop! I' m a Mall cruiser!

image.jpg

Okay, Keystone is a great place. Like a beach but close. The day was little windy with some blowing sand but not bad. Almost had the place to ourself and glad we went.:beer::beer:

P3090547.jpg

P3090549.jpg

P3090552.jpg

Ok. Lesson for next time, need to get cell # to make it possible to hook up late. Trying to encourage use of the forum, so I didn't send anything but a link to the mailing list. But I'm not keen on posting my phone # on an open web site. Seems that would just invite issues. So if anyone has a good idea on that besides using private messages on mud like I suggested, let me know. Kids had fun, they always do. Olivia made a sand angel. Elliot found a leg bone from some kind of animal. I ran the battery dead in the truck waiting in the parking lot listening to the radio. Guess I forgot the automatic headlights don't turn off unless you take the key out. Got a jump from a guy who had just got his son out of jail and insisted on telling me stories I had no real interest in. Olivia decided she needed a flag for the stick she put in the ground and I lashed some weeds onto it and made a flag. Luckily if given free reign kids will usually find something to have fun with.

20130309_111230.jpg

20130309_115700.jpg

20130309_113407.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom