Elsie under 2
ogsuv

Elsie under 2

That’s one clean underside. You had to have cleaned it somehow, looks great. M

@NickPsy that was one of 120 high resolution pics included in the ebay ad. Pretty much every inch of the truck. If he cleaned it, he must not have used anything too harsh. There were plenty of parts with the chalk/grease writing on them, I assume from assembly. I have never seen anything like this in Wisconsin. I probably could have bought it sight unseen, but I did go look at it. other than a leaking exhaust manifold and creaky ball joint, it was near perfect for 224k on it. 3 years later and I'm still loving it. I treat it with fluid film, but it will never look this clean again unless I move :)

@ogsuv thanks for the reply. I made the mistake of buying my first LC, an 80 from a dealer in Wisconsin. It was a one owner truck (still pictured in my avatar) and as clean as your inside and out, but the undercarriage was subject to 17 Wisconsin winters. It was fairly rusty to say the least. I spent lots of money (over $6k) fighting that and eventually sold it. So when I searched for a 100 my biggest requirement was NO rust. I found a great 3 owner 06 that was always in central Texas that was a well cared for rust free car so I’m happy. But the photo of your underside is just fantastic; I would have jumped on that rig myself had I come across it when I was shopping. Love the 100 over the 80, they do everything better.

I agree. I liked the look of my 95 over the 99, but the 99 was so much better to drive. I tried to keep my 99 forever, but the Wisconsin/IL rust was too bad. Really bad around the windshield and started getting electrical issues. Time to sell it and ended up with not my first choice in colors, but condition is everything as you know.

Media information

Album
OGSUV
Added by
ogsuv
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename