C38570AB-AFE5-46A2-8732-4D6DF02D66B4.jpeg
LC97MD

C38570AB-AFE5-46A2-8732-4D6DF02D66B4.jpeg

Hey Ray - Bud here... I'm glad to see the mod is useful to someone else!
I see your board there which looks the same as mine and can see you removed the transistors and cut the tracks.
And yeah your soldering job could be little better... ;) It does appear everything goes to the right places. The main thing to worry about would be cold solder joints which can be less than conductive or intermittently conductive. I'd recommend trimming the excess wire and reheating and adding a little rosin flux or just more solder.

I looked up the 60040 antenna you mention in question and it appears that is only the replacement mast.
See 1991-1996 Toyota Land Cruiser Antenna Mast 86336-60040 | Toyota Parts Center - https://parts.olathetoyota.com/oem-parts/toyota-antenna-mast-8633660040

The actual motorized antenna assembly I have is the 86300-60050.
There's a good photo of it at Amazon Amazon product ASIN B00P2QHVRC

Also make sure your PCB tracks are thoroughly through and the connection is broken.

Perfect, the backlit board shows that clearly!
If not working, it could be that the antenna motor itself is bad or not connected?
On my truck the previous owner had replaced the factory antenna with some cheap aftermarket thing that did not utilize the factory wiring harness under the hood. It wasn't until I'd removed everything and dug out the factory wiring that I figured out the various antenna models and wirings.

Perfect, the backlit board shows that clearly!
If not working, it could be that the antenna motor itself is bad or not connected?
On my truck the previous owner had replaced the factory antenna with some cheap aftermarket thing that did not utilize the factory wiring harness under the hood. It wasn't until I'd removed everything and dug out the factory wiring that I figured out the various antenna models and wirings.
The antenna works like a champ when I link the violet wire with the aftermarket head unit so I think that’s ok. And I tried reconnecting that wire in the dash and it works again (dome fuse under hood and cig fuse are great too!)

The antenna works like a champ when I link the violet wire with the aftermarket head unit so I think that’s ok. And I tried reconnecting that wire in the dash and it works again (dome fuse under hood and cig fuse are great too!)
The purple wire is disabled by cutting the track on pin 14. Can you hear the relays clicking in the box in response to pressing the up down buttons? If not check the supply fuse.

The purple wire is disabled by cutting the track on pin 14. Can you hear the relays clicking in the box in response to pressing the up down buttons? If not check the supply fuse.
I can here the relays on the pcb clicking with the purple wire disconnected or not

And if reconnect to the purple wire, the antenna goes right up and down as start/stop the ignition (as the Sony head unit kicks on)

Very odd about the purple wire having any effect since on the schematic the purple wire is connected only to terminal (pin) 14 of the control module and the track for it is cut on the PCB. As well the two transistors that operate the relays are removed from the circuit so only the switch controls those relays. That said check on the top of the board where the transistors were and ensure none of their wires are touching one another...

I tried to post a mark up of your photo that shows some of those transistor wires possibly touching, but for some reason can't paste or insert pictures to this thread... You can cut those leads off at the board or just wiggle them back and forth with some needle nose to break them off at the board.

Media information

Album
Personal
Added by
LC97MD
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename