Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.56.30 PM.png
jakemccurdy

Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 7.56.30 PM.png

I am wondering if they took that out in later versions? I've only used up to version 12 of TS. You can get older versions here. I had heard key programming got taken out in V14 IIC. Customizations should be right there on that 3rd graphic.

Have you tried the VM that is on that TS thread on this site:

That looks way easier. I'll give it a shot.

Works! That was much easier. I guess I'll keep both v15 and the v12 that I got from that thread in case the v15 helps better with trouble shooting in the future but all I really wanted to do was customize the settings and maybe use it to do the crawl control install if it's easier than sticking paper clips in the OBD.

Can I give you a shout out for the help in the video I do on this or do you want me to leave you out? I'm going to keep it all vague with jokes like saying that I assume the copy of techstream I got from the Amazon seller out of China was just a perfectly legitimate Toyota surplus copy : ) I'll leave the forum stuff vague as well and just suggest that they google "how to get techstream in 5 minutes" for a really easy approach to getting an older version.

Good to hear you got it working. Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner... I've been working on some things non-GX related.

Sure... that's fine if you want to give me a shout out :)

Media information

Album
Misc
Added by
jakemccurdy
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back