Troopy updates and interior refit. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.oldenorthstatecruisers.com
Well it's been a busy past few weeks but I have had an hour here in there in the garage to do a little work. I know some of you may recall me trying to get the troopy back to a somewhat original interior look and after much debating and measuring I made a decision on making it modern yet classic and went with an 80 interior. I did this for a few reasons, more readily available parts/cover kits, more 80 seats out there than 60 seats, and the opportunity to have power seats. With the help of another member (johnvee) I was able to acquire a set of seats to fit the thought of adding them and it appearing somewhat stock. After some measuring, moving, measuring again then moving I was able to get these in the way I wanted them. Still need to clean up and paint the fronts but very happy with finished product. I am going to get new foam and leather to finish them off.

For the rear I wanted a bench so the little ones could ride on trips but also wanted option to fold down. 80 series third row fit the bill and again with help another member (Ramon) I was able to acquire those seats. I am going to build a frame that will allow a small amount of storage underneath and still not be to high when folded to allow for sleeping platform. Hope to get this wrapped up in the next few weeks.

Lastly will be the rear cargo box with drawers. I am going to build this to match elevation of folded seats so that it's one continuous platform. This will allow for plenty of storage and add some weight tithe rear to compensate for the heavy rear leafs.

Once these are complete I will finish it off with headliner. Haven't decided if I'm going to spray a liner in or go back with a fabric liner. Stay tuned.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great. Like they should have shipped with those seats to begin with. One thing, when reassembling the interior, I think you put the steering wheel on the wrong side, or maybe you took those pictures in a mirror o_O

:beer: R

Looking good Greg!

Your passenger will love the lumbar support.

Yeah I thought about that but most end up failing so I was fortunate enought to get a set of seats that it still functioned.

Anyone interested in some mastercraft suspension seats let me know, otherwise Eleanor will be using them to watch tv in garage...

Those seats look familiar, they are making their rounds through the club I see.

Tried calling you when you were coming through town so you could borrow my extra 91 interior to see what fit better but I think I have a bad number for you.

Updates to interior up fit. I've been working when time allows on a rear drawer system/sleeping platform. After much thought I decided on going wood vs steel or plastic to add weight to rear of truck for smoother ride.

2 drawer system with compartments on each side for tool bags. Rear section is all I have left to complete and will be a hinged/strut compartment that opens for additional storage. I am having a sleeping pad made to compensate height between fold down seats and platform to finish it off
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413142715.279890.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413142725.545673.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413142744.979931.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413142760.029670.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice sir! Keep up the good work!

Nice

Looking good! Are you going to cover the drawer system with carpet or just have the mattress on top?

Looks awesome greg. Has came a long way since I last saw it.

I plan to stain it then add mat to top. Was going to cover it with carpet but I'm not sure I'm done with design so staining will allow me to add/revise if wanted.

I plan to stain it then add mat to top. Was going to cover it with carpet but I'm not sure I'm done with design so staining will allow me to add/revise if wanted.
I poly'd mine before assembly figuring it'd at least give it some protection before I carpeted it. 15 months later and still carpet free, mostly because there's always a black-sheeted futon mattress on top. Partly because I'm lazy. But, I'll tell ya...I'd consider black carpet if I get to it. The futon is gray without the sheet on it, and the reflection in the side and rear windows can be terrible.

Rear section compartment complete and one coat of stain on. Waiting on super strong magnets to hold drawers closed. They have a push lever close and pull open from bottom didn't want handles.

Rear compartment is spring open/soft shut close. Waiting on a recessed handle for this one and she'll be complete and ready for December trip.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413765976.605666.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1413766243.488258.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom