CSC February Meeting Agenda 2.21.2014 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
CSC February Meeting Agenda 2.21.2014

Sonic <location map link

Starting time 7:30 PM NOTE: earlier start time

Meeting agenda
  • Introduction of first time guest
  • Introduction of new members by CHUY
  • ROTM volunteers needed for April:idea:
  • New CSC winter swag pickup
  • Run of the month – Recent details and previous reports
  • TRAL report
  • Discussion on out of state multi day up coming runs

We will limit the meeting to a maximum of 1 hour.

*ROTM Run of the month has been very successful in the past so its back for people that want to go on runs but need to plan in advance. We will be looking for volunteers each month for the ROTM (run of the month). Its your run and includes anywhere you want, any day in the month, overnight, night run, even a scenic dirt road drive. Again its your run and your chance to get involved and meet new members.

I'm here in Tucson and wanted to volunteer for ROTM for April.

Way to go Wilma!

Do you have an idea of where you will hold your run at?

I'm debating, want to see how hot it's going to get here but either Redfield canyon or rug road to Arivaipa. Probably be an overnight either way! I'm open to suggestions as well.

...via IH8MUD app

I'm here in Tucson and wanted to volunteer for ROTM for April.

Thank you Wilma for taking the April ROTM:clap:

I have always want to do Rug road and Arivaipa would be a nice bonus, just say'n :D

May ROTM is now available

looks like February isnt my month, i will make it to the march meeting for sure

Introduction of first time guest
We had six first time guests at the meeting.

Bruce Mabin: Bruce came from Creston, British Columbia, Canada. He brought his FJ Cruiser to AZ. He is staying in AZ until April. He said he will bring his FJ40 to AZ next winter. He is also looking to build a diesel 40.

IndianJoe #288: Michael owns a LX450 and FJ40. Michael grew up in AZ and moved back from San Diego a few months ago. He also has some bike racing experience.

Marcus37 #289: Marcus owns a 1997 FZJ80 Collectors Edition and a 2011 FJ Cruiser. The FZJ80 is equipped with ARB lockers, 4:88's, 37" Coopers, Marlin Crawler 3.1 T Case, part time kit, Nitro axles, and Radflo 2.5 res shocks. The FJ Cruiser is equipped with Total Chaos +2 long travel suspension kit, Marlin Crawler lefty ultimate dual's with triple sticks, ARB lockers, 4:56's, 35" Nitto MT's.

azfj80pinal #292: Torin owns a 1991 FJ80 with 3" OME lift, 33" swampers, and roof rack.

1Louder #298: Chris is an airline pilot. He owns a 2011 FJ Cruiser with OME lift, Expeditioneers skid plates, CB Radio, RAM iPad Mount, refrigerator and a few other minor things.

bigstarr #300: Jay owns a green FZJ80. He is also the latest CSC addition with member number 300.

Introduction of new members by CHUY
Chris (1Louder) and Jay (bigstarr) joined CSC recently. Jay is the latest CSC member with member number 300.

ROTM volunteers needed for April
Wilma83 from Tucson volunteered for the April ROTM.

murf volunteered for the May ROTM.

New CSC winter swag pickup
For those who ordered seasonal items in January 2014, they are available for pickup. Two extra hoodies in size L are also available for purchases.

Run of the month – Recent details and previous reports
Don (puulboy) will lead February ROTM to Cherry Creek Canyon on Feb 22, 2014. The meeting place is at the Shell station with McDonald in Gold Canyon. The physical address is 7138 E US Highway 60, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118. The group will leave the Shell station at 8:00 AM. Expect some traffic delay on US60 due to Renaissance Festival. Please plan accordingly.

TRAL report
Mark (Rudster) reported that TRAL has done a lot of signing on a trail that is parallel to Beeline Highway in the past 6 weeks. They will meet at the Gold Canyon Shell station on Saturday to do more work.

Discussion on out of state multi day up coming runs
There was discussion of Hole in the Rock Trail run around Escalante UT.

mattman555 brought up Arizona Run that will be hosted by Nissan group at the end of March. Please see Arizona Run 14 - March 31-Apr 5 for more info.

Overland Expo will be held in Flagstaff, AZ on May 16-18, 2014. Mark (Rudster) will be working at the Expo. Attendees are encouraged to attend the event if you haven’t been to the event before. More info at http://www.overlandexpo.com.

Check out Wheeling bucket list for 2014 for multi day runs development.

Attendance
There were 20 adults and 1 child attended the meeting. Vehicles break down are:
  • 100 series: 1
  • 80 series: 12
  • 40 series: 1
  • FJ Cruiser: 4
  • Tacoma: 1
  • 4Runner: 1

Last edited:
Meeting.

CSC1402_03_zps737c64d0.jpg

Great write up and record of the meet. Thanks for the time you put into this Medtro! :cheers:

Jackson great write up and photos. Nice to see the new members coming to the meeting. It would be nice to see more of our members wearing there CSC swag to the meetings as well as when we do our run. So the challenge for the next meet is to wear your CSC swag to the next meet and next ROTM.

Thanks for putting the meeting together, I learned tons and made some new friends. I'm hoping to have my TLC trail ready soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom