CSC March Meeting Agenda 3.17.2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Baofeng and ham basics

Toss Baofeng and get a real radio and then HAM Basics.... :) Not impressed with them but just one man's opinion..... Yaesu FT-60 is a nice handheld radio. I have one and could assist with some training but I am working Friday.....

After having my Baofeng for a year now I wholly agree but you can't beat that $35 price tag with any Yaesu. :meh:

If you were after a straight quality purchase and money was not an issue Icom is the best.

I'd like to get familiar with the auto-patch function. Besides basic truck-to-truck trail communications, I'd put auto-patch as my 2nd use for my HAM on the trail should things go south.

I'd like to get familiar with the auto-patch function. Besides basic truck-to-truck trail communications, I'd put auto-patch as my 2nd use for my HAM on the trail should things go south.

The only two things I can do on my ham

CSC Meeting Report

INTRODUCTION OF FIRST TIME GUESTS / NEW MEMBERS

New member showing off his 1997 LX was @WalkerBar and his step sun Curren (Sorry if I spelled the step sons name wrong please correct me)

ROTM

Run Of The Month series is for everyone to get out with their trucks, regardless of skill level, so everyone can learn how to wheel safely. No one wants to see someone damage their truck. Don't be shy about volunteering to lead a monthly run. You get to pick the date and the location (you can get plenty of ideas for trail rides from other members). There are several members with lots of knowledge about local trails and can offer assistance on leading the group on the day of the run.

April - We still need a trip leader for April please post up if interested

May- @Chrismanjs will take May and locations is TBD. The May run will most likely be Memorial weekend. Keep an eye on the forum for more details.

June - @Dimples Ron will be taking the June ROTM and doing Casner Mountain. June 24-25 2017 Casner Trail The run is already full but the camping is open to anyone and the location for camp is amazing!

If you lead a ROTM, here's a good template for your trip reports - CSC Trip Report template

Decal Update and Business cards

Decals are in and ready to be purchased. They are $5.

Business cards are also in if you need a stack to have please see @Abigail for some.

ADDITIONAL BUSINESS

@OffRoad Rage Brought up an idea of having a excel sheet or something similar for everyone to add information about there vehicle and put names to vehicles for information or a quick reference guide. Keep an eye on the forum for more details.

@LongDuck brought up the ham licensing in April and gave us some details on that. If you want to get your ham license to participate in trail chat check out Thomas's forum Future Club HAMster's, unite! HAM Test Challenge Date, APR22.

ATTENDANCE

200s - 2
100s - 6
80s - 5 or 6 someone correct me
60 - 1
45 - 1
FJC - 2
4 runner - 1

Thanks to Jackson @medtro for taking pics.

I think @Fuge may have "volunteered" to lead the July run??? :hillbilly:

Thanks for managing the meeting, CJ!

Great job running the meeting Chris. Thanks Abigail for the business cards.

CSC1702_01.jpg

CSC1702_02.jpg

CSC1702_03.jpg

I think July ROTM is taken. Adam @floggerdogger volunteered for it in his last year Riggs Flat Lake trip report.

Lead or follow works for me. Either way I am in. If I lead, I was thinking West clear creek off of FR142 north of 260 a few miles west of 87 with some canyoneering once we get there. If you haven't seen the white box canyon and botanical falls it is worth the hike/swim. Just camping at the top of the rim has pretty amazing views if the hiking is not your thing.

Lead or follow works for me. Either way I am in. If I lead, I was thinking West clear creek off of FR142 north of 260 a few miles west of 87 with some canyoneering once we get there. If you haven't seen the white box canyon and botanical falls it is worth the hike/swim. Just camping at the top of the rim has pretty amazing views if the hiking is not your thing.

I like any run with swimming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom