front spring pack options... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
My current packs are shot...they are 47" eye-to-eye (flat, FJ55 rear packs) and I'd like to avoid re-doing mount points...

I used to have a link to a spreadsheet of spring lengths but can't find it...any suggestions? Links for spring sizes/lengths? I can adjust for 'most' any pin point...

nevermind...ordered a set of RS44044's from Jegs...with lotsa luck, here Wed and install same day

nevermind...ordered a set of RS44044's from Jegs...with lotsa luck, here Wed and install same day

Biran,

I run the Rancho 44044s on the front of my 40. I have my spring to shackle mount at 42.5" with a 5 shackle. I have to say, they are tall springs in the stock configuration. They work fairly well for how cheap they are. I do not like the fact that there is no military wrap. I am trying to flatten my springs as I think they are too tall with a 2F and 8274 on top of them. I currently have the bottom and 3rd spring removed. This is only temporary until I get them to sag, and then I will stick the 3rd leaf back in and wheel it again. I am not wheeling it like this.

Oh yeah, the front bushings are 3" wide, but the rear bushings are not. They have a thinner shoulder compared to the front bushings. You may want to get new bushings for the rear eyes or just add some spacer/shims to make up the difference in your shackle spacing.

Hi All:

Why did you choose these particular leaf springs Brian?

Regards,

Alan

Alan:

a few reasons....first, length is correct for the current mounts I have...second, they are pretty commonly used and are a 'proven' solution....

no point in reinventing the wheel if I don't need to...

What are your thought on using these for the rear springs ON A 55, Woody? Is the center pin CENTERED, or offset?

According to Kurt, the fj55 rears have a spring rate of 425 #/inch. In regards to the 4x4 springs, what kind of spring rate are they giving?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom